two

y/n sighed, staring into her water as she kicked her foot. the after party for the AMA's was already in full swing, and here y/n sat, alone, and at the bar.

   people that walked by her knew not to try and bother or talk to her after seeing the look on her face. she looked upset, and no one wants to mess with someone like her when she was upset. except her friends.

   "y/n/n, babe!" alexa called after her as she stumbled over to the bar, miles following close behind her until he stopped, engaging in a conversation with a girl.

   y/n looked over and smiled, leaving her water at the counter as she slid off of the stool. she wrapped her arms around alexa and lifted her feet off of the floor, hugging her tightly.

   "that was so good! not gonna lie, i did get a bit choked up, but that's besides the point." alexa giggled, turning her head to kiss y/n's cheek. "i'm so proud of you, casanova."

y/n smiled again as she put alexa on her feet, letting her arms fall to her sides. "thank you, lex. c'mere." she grabbed alexa's cheeks, pulling her in for a quick kiss to cool down her nerves.

she could feel familiar eyes on her as she pulled away, but she ignored them, just wanting to have a good time with her friends.

ariana shifted uncomfortably from across the room as she watched y/n and alexa kiss each other happily, and she was suddenly remembering the party she had thrown five years before when the two were together originally.

"i'm so fucking tired of competing, y/n!"

"competing? competing with who, ariana? who the fuck have you even seen me with? can you answer me that? can you?"

she felt her heart clench as she thought back to those years ago, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned into lucas's arms, trying to forget about the girl that was always in the back of her mind.

   she had broken up with y/n for the dumbest reason. she had thought that y/n wouldn't accept her or would blame her for everything if she ever told her. weeks and weeks passed and her worry and depression only grew worse, and she decided that the sadness of breaking up would be better to handle then y/n blaming her for something she now knows she couldn't control.

she'd rather end their year long relationship than have the person she loved more than anything break her more than she already was.

"hey baby, you okay? you look a bit zoned out over there." lucas asked sweetly, gently nudging her shoulder.

   ariana looked over with a fake smile that she knew lucas couldn't read like y/n used to. "no i'm alright. just thinking a bit." she shrugged, leaning her head against his shoulder to try and not worry him.

   he took it as a good enough answer and he turned back to the guy he was talking to previously. ariana couldn't help it when her eyes drifted back over to where y/n and her friends were, her heart breaking all over again as she saw y/n on miles's back, the biggest smile on her face.

y/n kissed his cheek as alexa reached up, handing her a drink. she immediately downed it and handed it back, pouting as miles put her back down on the floor.

ariana swallowed thickly as y/n walked up to alexa, wrapping her arms around her from behind. she pushed alexa's now longer and red hair off of her shoulder, pressing a soft kiss to her skin before she pulled away, leaving her hands on her hips.

she watched as y/n gave alexa a look she knew all too well, leaning back down to whisper something in her ear. alexa smiled as she bit her lip, reaching back to pat her cheek. y/n chuckled, and ariana swore she could hear it in the back of her head.