seven

"Kristen, come right back
I've been waiting for you
To slip back in bed
When you light the candle"

ariana opened the door to the studio, the sound of y/n's voice echoing throughout the room. a smile graced her lips as she leaned against the door frame, watching as the singer strummed her guitar gently.

"And on the Lower East Side, you're dancing with me now
And I'm taking pictures of you with flowers on the wall
Think I like you best when you're dressed in black from head to toe
Think I like you best when you're just with me and no one else"

   ariana's smile grew as y/n stopped playing, grabbing onto her pencil to scribble down something in her book. she brought her hands up and clapped loudly, giving her an applause.

   y/n jumped in surprise, turning her head to the door with wide eyes. "holy shit!" she yelled, grabbing at her chest. "you scared the fuck out of me," she laughed, leaning back into the couch.

   ariana giggled, pushing herself off the door frame and closed the door as she entered the room. she sat down next to y/n, placing her legs on the couch as she turned towards her. ariana propped her elbow on the back of the couch, leaning her cheek into her fist.

"you're voice is fucking amazing, y/n." ariana complimented, her eyes soft. "and that song, jesus. it sounds beautiful," she smiled, licking her lips as she examined y/n's side profile.

y/n smiled to herself, her skin crinkling around her eyes. she had missed the nice ariana. "you think so?" she whispered with a raspy voice, turning her head to ariana.

ariana nodded slowly, "i do."

"and, i've given your music another shot, and i actually love it. i don't know why i was so set on hating it." ariana admitted, shrugging her shoulders.

it had been two days since ariana brought dalton to the studio with her where she had to be that bitchy version of herself, only to prove to dalton that she didn't like y/n like he thought she did. and she had decided to give y/n's music another go, being as the ideas she had for their song together had ariana falling in love with the song quickly.

"i think i was maybe upset about how beautifully you wrote—or maybe i was jealous because i knew i could never write something in the way you do. every song you've done has made me feel real emotions that i haven't felt from music in a long time. just—you have a way with words that makes people so sad, but happy, and in love all at the same time. you have a beautiful mind, y/n."

y/n gently bit her bottom lip, feeling her heart warm at ariana's kind words. "that's—that's really nice. thank you," she whispered, her eyes connected with ariana's.

ariana smiled cutely. "of course, loverboy." the two of them broke out into a fit of giggles at the nickname. "also, whose kristen?" ariana questioned, quirking her brow.

y/n laughed, waving ariana off. "no one, don't worry. i just like the name and thought it fit really well," she shrugged, sitting up as she laid her guitar down on the couch and grabbed her book into her hands.

ariana nodded slowly, "is the song not about anyone, then? i was watching an interview of yours and you said that almost all of your songs are about someone or something. so whose this one about?"

y/n glanced over at ariana and smirked at the fact that ariana had watched her interviews. she pushed it to the back of her brain, deciding to use it against her some time else. "uh, no. it's not about anyone, i just thought of one of the lines and the rest just came to me."