Torn

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

I got something kinda depressing for you here. This takes place after the episode Crisis On Naboo (I think that's what it's called) and yeah. It's sad. I was in a dejected mood. 

So I hope you all understand that when I talk about people being torn or shattered or broken that it is figurative. Understand that, please and thank you. 

Read on if you dare. 

Ahsoka was torn.

She had no idea what she should do.

There were two gunships before her and she had to decide which one she should board- the one on the left or the one to her right.

Sounds easy, right? A childish decision that a quick round of "Loth Bat, Loth Cat, Loth Wolf Run" could solve, right?

Wrong.

Each gunship continued one of her masters, divided by anger and shame. And Ahsoka had to choose between them.

Master Kenobi had faked his death. It was wrong and it hurt, but he was ashamed and sorry. Ahsoka wasn't ready to forgive him, but he needed support. The mission had been taxing. His heart, she could tell, had cracked. She needed to be there to mend the pieces.

Master Skywalker was dejected but hid it behind his fuming anger. As soon as they got into the air, he'd break down and she knew it. She needed to be there to pick up the pieces and dry his eyes and send calming waves through the Force.

They both needed her. Or maybe they didn't need her, but she needed them. And it tore her to see them divided and it tore her to see them so upset and it tore her that she had to choose between them. It tore her clean in half.

But no one was there to pick up her pieces.

She was supposed to be the one to pick up everyone else's pieces.

Ahsoka watched as a third gunship landed, gathering up the rest of the troopers. Ahsoka watched Cody climb aboard and a new idea dawned on her.

Cody.

Master Kenobi hadn't told Cody, or any of his troopers for that matter, that he was going to fake his death. Ahsoka knew that Cody was shattered and she knew that he was good at hiding it. She needed to be there to pick up his pieces because no one else would.

So Ahsoka opted for the trooper transport because she couldn't choose between her masters.

"Kid," Cody nodded to her as she approached the gunship.

"Room for one more?" Ahsoka's voice sounded incredibly weak.

"Always," Cody motioned for her to step on.

Ahsoka did so, the blast doors closing behind her. She clung to Cody's arm because she was still too short to reach the overhead handles.

"Couldn't choose?" Cody asked as if reading her mind.

Ahsoka shook her head, chiding herself. She was there to console him, not for him to have to put up with her.

And so she did. Ahsoka consoled Cody. She picked up his pieces and glued them back together. The glue hadn't set, but it would, and it would set strongly when it did.

After she was sure she'd glued them firmly enough to last (as the glue was still wet), Ahsoka gave him some credits and a promise to give him a day of leave to go to 79's. And recover from however much he indulged in.

The gunship docked and Ahsoka found herself debating her options again. She needed to be that loyal padawan for Master Skywalker. She needed to pick up his pieces. But she needed to be that support- that companion he lacked- for Master Kenobi because no one else seemed to want to talk to him.