Indisposed

Hello, human beings from outer space!

*Heavy sigh* Yup, I'm doing the "sick fic" already. Doesn't, like, almost every book like this have one of these? I tried to make mine interesting. I dunno.

So, I want you all to know that writing something like this is actually really hard for me. I struggle with writing things that include vomiting, so I've challenged myself to write this. I wrote this, like, two weeks ago but I've been procrastinating on publishing it.

Ooh, I should write a story about Ahsoka procrastinating...

Trigger warning for vomiting.

Read on if you dare.

"Ahsoka, time to get up," Anakin knocked on the door to Ahsoka's room in their shared quarters. No response met him. "Ahsoka?" She was normally the one up first. "I'm coming in."

Anakin let himself inside her room, his worry swelling when she wasn't in sight. He noticed the light to her 'fresher was on with the door open, so he went to see if she was there.

Sure enough, she was laying on the floor of her 'fresher with one hand on her stomach and the other on her forehead. She looked awful. She had paled but dark circles hung under her eyes.

"Ahsoka, why are you laying on the floor?" Anakin asked in confusion.

"M'str," Ahsoka muttered, trying to push herself onto her elbows. "I-" She jerked up suddenly, whirling around to stick her face in the toilet.

Anakin flew out of the 'fresher as fast as he could. He ran to the kitchen and plugged his ears to avoid hearing the sounds of Ahsoka being sick.

Anakin fumbled for his comm, pressing the button. "Obi-Wan, I need help."

"What've you set on fire this time, Anakin?" Obi-Wan grumbled. "Remember, you have a meeting with the council soon."

"That was one time! And it's not me, it's Ahsoka," Anakin shifted nervously.

"What's wrong with her?" Obi-Wan inquired, concern starting to lace his own tone.

"She uh, she's... she's..."

"She's what?"

"She's throwing up!" Anakin exclaimed. "I need help!"

"You're so dramatic," Obi-Wan sighed. "Go take care of her. You'll both be fine."

"Wait, I need help! Obi-Wan!"

No reply.

Anakin hesitantly crept through Ahsoka's room, listening to the sounds of the recently-flushed toilet. He peeked into the 'fresher. Ahsoka lay in the same position he originally found her in.

"Hey, Snips. You're sick," Anakin said gently.

"Ya think?" Ahsoka hissed, angrily trying to push herself into a sitting position. She regretted it, jerking back to the toilet and sending Anakin flying back to the kitchen.

Grabbing his comm again, Anakin spoke into it, "Come in, Kix."

"Kix here."

"Kix, I need you to come to our quarters in the temple," Anakin instructed.

"Something wrong, General?" Kix's voice sounded nervous through the comm. "Did you give the commander more third-degree burns?"

"No that was one time, once!" Anakin groaned. "Just get over here."

After Anakin communicated the location and number of their quarters, Kix showed up quickly. He came bearing medical supplies. He had a feeling he'd need them.

"What went wrong?" Kis asked, stepping into their quarters.

Anakin shot him a look, but let him towards Ahsoka's room. "It's Ahsoka. I think she's sick and I need your help with helping her."

Kix walked into the 'fresher to talk to Ahsoka. Though Anakin stayed outside and could not see them, he listen to their voices.

"Hey, commander, I heard you are sick," Kix said gently.

"Yeah," Ahsoka groaned. "Been puking all morning."

"Have you tried keeping water down?" Kix questioned.

"No, I throw up every time I sit up, so I can't get to any water. And 'Master Skywalker' is hiding outside of the 'fresher and he won't help me!" Ahsoka raised her voice for the second sentence.

Anakin winced. He knew Ahsoka was upset when she used "Master Skywalker" rather than just "Master." His comm rang so he walked into his room to answer it.

"Hello?" Anakin brought his comm up to his lips.

"Anakin, where are you? Your meeting with the Council is in two minutes," Obi-Wan sounded agitated.

"Ahsoka's sick," Anakin replied.

Obi-Wan sighed loudly, "You already told me. But you and I both know that you won't be the one taking care of her."

After an impossible argument and a lot of resistance, Anakin grumbled an attitude-filled "fine" into his comm, tossed Kix an "I'll be right back," and dragged himself to the council chambers.

The meeting, uneventful as always, bored Anakin as it dragged on. When it finally ended, Anakin hurried back to his quarters.

Kix was still there. He'd given Ahsoka some sort of medicine and sent her to bed. She'd somehow, thought Anakin, gotten there without being sick.

"Just give her some of this if she's thirsty," Kix gestured to an orange drink on the table. Then he pointed to a bottle of medicine, "and give her this if she gets sick again. She should be back on her feet in two days or so."

"Thanks, Kix," Anakin waved as the medic left the quarters.

As Kix had said, Ahsoka was back to normal in barely two days. She was washing dishes while Anakin masterfully avoided eye contact or going too close to her.

"You know something, master?" Ahsoka scooped some bubbles into her hands.

"What?"

Ahsoka flung the bubbles at Anakin. "You're a big wimp sometimes."

------------------

Word Count: 914

Published: Feb. 17, 2022

Woo hoo, I did it!!!

Okay, so, I give people I know animal names. It's sorta my form of flattery or something. So, one person I know I call the "Frog" or "Froggie." Well, Froggie put the song "Clouds" on a one-hour loop and I think I'm going insane.

Oh, good, someone else just made him turn it off.

Bye, peoples!