Safer Ground

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

This is a sort of revision of the last chapter, requested by basically everyone who commented on the last chapter. And to answer your questions, no, I do not have enough money to send you to therapy after I scarred you for life with the last part. 

But don't worry, I have this: a happy chapter full of lots of fluff and spelling errors :)

Read on if you dare. 

The blood was everywhere.

It smeared the walls, soaked into splotches on the floor, and stained the bed blankets.

Everywhere.

Ahsoka Tano sat cross-legged in the midst of it, feverishly attempting to tie a bandage from her quarters' med kit around the blaster shot on her shoulder from which the warm blood gushed from. The bandage was already soaked in her blood, though she'd only had it for a few minutes. She was having difficulty tying it around her shoulder with only one hand, but hey, it had to be a whole lot better than bleeding out on the floor of her quarters for her master to find her in the morning. If she did that, he'd impossibly resurrect her for the sole purpose of killing her himself.

At times like this, Ahsoka found herself questioning her own stubbornness. How come she always had to run away from the med bay? She honestly should visit more often, but she always refused. And since she was getting dizzy from the blood loss, she should probably find her way down there.

But then she remembered how every single bed in the med bay was filled with the injured troopers, and even some splayed themselves on the floor because there were no beds for them to stay in. Ahsoka let out a long puff of air.

Maybe she could go there now that it'd been a while...

No. It was too late for that. Kix would kill her for hiding it for as long as she did. It was fine, she'd just have to amateurly patch herself up the best she could and hope it healed on its own. Not the best solution, she supposed, but a solution nonetheless.

Ahsoka let out a frustrated huff and used her teeth and one free hand to sinch the bandage around her shoulder as tight as she could get it, which wasn't as tight as she'd like it to be. Only being able to use one hand made that rather difficult.

With a sigh, Ahsoka grabbed some bacta patches out of the kit and started patching herself up in other places, just the standard bumps, bruises, and scratches which she was perfectly capable of handling by herself, and such that Kix usually didn't mind her doing on her own.

When she finished, she swallowed some painkillers dry and looked around the room.

Kriff, it looked like a murder scene in there.

She should probably get all the hydrogen peroxide she could find and start scrubbing on the floor, but with the adrenaline of the battle wearing off and the painkillers slowly starting to kick in, she had a hard time fighting the exhaustion.

Meh, who would be walking in on her any time soon? Everyone was either busy with all the post-battle checks or in the med bay. With as difficult of a battle as it had been, she'd be all but forgotten... or at least assumed busy like the others. No one knew she'd been hit anyway, so she should be good.

Ahsoka couldn't muster up the energy to drag herself up from the floor, so she instead laid back right there and shut her eyes.

She was asleep in seconds.

"Kriff!"

Jolting awake, Ahsoka's eyes shot open and her head whipped aside to find Fives staring at her, looking more terrified than he'd ever seen him before. She squinted at him with confusion.