Shaken

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

This story is set to take place directly after "Brain Invaders." 

So, yeah, I had a burst of energy and thus this was produced. And I'm hurting Ahsoka now.

Read on if you dare.

"You followed your instincts. I'm sure she would agree you made the right choice," Anakin turned and left the medical room.

Ahsoka watched him go. She glanced over at Barriss, then looked out the window. Ships flew gracefully through the dark, star pricked sky.

It had been so frightening on the transport with all those parasites... the mind control worms that took over the clones. Ahsoka shut her eyes, shivering from the– literally and figuratively– cold memory.

Barriss had been gone. The clones had been gone. They were all gone.

It was just her.

Her against an army.

They'd all been after her. They'd attacked her. They'd wanted her dead.

But it was all okay now. Everything was okay. Barriss was alive, she was alive, and most of the clones survived as well... she thought... maybe she'd failed and they'd all died. Maybe the other clones would find out and never forgive her. Maybe...

No, she decided, stop being a wimp. Don't be afraid. Back to the present.

Ahsoka didn't remember falling asleep. But the next thing she knew, she was waking up to footsteps. Ahsoka opened her eyes and squinted, adjusting them to see Anakin. She also realized that she was in her quarters.

"Snips?"

"Hm?"

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Anakin questioned apologetically.

Ahsoka propped herself up onto her elbows. "You're fine. How long's it been?"

"A few hours," Anakin shrugged. "You hungry? Some of the men are eating right now if you wanna go down to the mess."

"I-I don't know," Ahsoka chewed her lip. She didn't know if she was ready.

"You've gotta eat something," Anakin prompted. "You haven't eaten in like, a day."

He was right– Ahsoka's stomach begged for something to keep it busy. But she didn't know if she...

Stop! Ahsoka chided herself. You're being a wimp. Sure you can handle seeing clones.

"Okay," Ahsoka sighed, kicking off her blanket and swinging her feet over the edge of the bed. Perhaps a little too quickly– her head dizzied. She'd have to take it easy.

Anakin helped her stand up and they walked to the mess together. Ahsoka still felt really tired, despite her extra time to sleep.

The two walked into the mess and Ahsoka's throat tightened. Don't be a baby. Don't be a wimp, she repeated in her head.

After Anakin and Ahsoka acquired their meals, Anakin led them to a table with Rex, Echo, Fives, Jesse, and even Kix, along with so many more. Ahsoka sat down and stared at her meal, unwilling to make eye contact with any of the others.

Ahsoka ate slowly, keeping her eyes down. The conversation mostly revolved around things that Ahsoka didn't pay attention to because they weren't about her and her mind was racing too fast to listen.

"Commander?" Rex's voice finally broke through to her. "How've you been?"

"Fine," Ahsoka didn't make eye contact. "Thanks."

Anakin's commlink beeped at him, cutting Rex off from anything further he was going to say.

"Sorry, I have to go," Anakin stood up from the table.

Ahsoka's gaze shot up after him. She gave him a pleading look, saying, 'please, don't leave me. Stay! I need you!'

Anakin simply patted her shoulder. Ahsoka stood with him, but he pushed her back down. "You should stay, Snips. Keep eating."

Ahsoka hesitantly sat back down. The conversation resumed around her, the clones chattering about this or that. Kix rose a moment later.

"I've got to get back to the med-bay," Kix passed Ahsoka and patted her on the back. She flinched, and thankfully, he didn't notice.

You're being a baby, Ahsoka scolded. Stop being a wimp.

Someone splattered sauce from a packet on himself and one of his brothers. Ahsoka shot up, ready to use it as an excuse.

"I'll get napkins," Ahsoka offered, stepping away.

Rex, who had also gotten up, tried to stop her. "No, that's alright, Commander, I can–" Rex caught her wrist as he spoke. Ahsoka's eyes blew wide and for a second, she thought she was back on that transport.

Before Ahsoka could stop herself, she whirled around and punched Rex square in the face. Rex let go and cupped his nose, shocked. Ahsoka didn't know what else to do: she fled.

Ahsoka dashed through the hallways of the Resolute and finally found a quiet corner to hide in. She curled into herself and sat in the corner, crying. She didn't care if it was un-Jedi-like to show emotions. She was so afraid and she didn't know why.

It was a few troopers infested with brain-control worms. Why did it scare her to look any clone in the face? It wasn't even that bad! Sure, everyone on the ship was either dead or trying to kill her, but it wasn't even for that long. Why was she being such a baby?

Rex came running down the hallway after her. He saw her in the corner and he sat next to her. Ahsoka flinched, but she didn't punch him again.

"You okay?" Rex asked.

Ahsoka shook her head, choking out "Did I hurt you?"

"No," Rex replied. "Don't worry about that. A bloody nose doesn't do much harm."

Ahsoka wiped her eyes, just for more tears to run down her cheeks. Rex didn't say anything else. Ahsoka didn't, either. She sat there for a long time, crying until she couldn't cry anymore.

Finally, she wiped her nose and took a deep breath.

"Better?" Rex asked.

Ahsoka nodded.

"Ready to start again?"

Another nod.

Rex stood and offered a hand to her. She took it and he pulled her to her feet.

Ahsoka was ready to start again.

--------------------

Word Count: 1,020

Published: Mar. 9, 2022

I'm not quite sure what this came to. I think the ending's a little rushed, but overall, I would imagine something similar to this happening after that incident. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment. 

Blah, blah, blah, just the usual. 

Bye, peoples!