A Long Ride | Febuwhump Day 15

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

First of all, let's all agree that daylight savings time is a fat, stinky butt. 

Second of all, let's all cancel life for tomorrow so we can sleep all day. 

Third of all, there are probably a million grammatical errors and misspellings in this fic, but I'm wayyy too tired to proof read. 

The prompt is Self-sacrifice, and this is a sequel to "Happy Birthday to You." 

Read on if you dare. 

"Where are you taking us?!" Ezra demanded as the woman Ahsoka had called Ventress shoved him and Sabine up the ramp of her ship.

Ventress paused to give him a sharp look from the corner of her eye, then sighed. "You haven't been captured much, have you?"

Sabine snorted at that, and Ezra just glared at her.

Ventress sighed. "This is going to be a long ride. I hate children." She jutted out her foot and kicked Sabine to the floor.

Sabine yelped as she crashed to the floor, nothing to catch her since her hands were behind her. Ezra shot Ventress another deadly glare, causing the woman to chuckle while the boy crouched down to check on Sabine.

"I'm okay," Sabine said, struggling to bring herself back onto her knees. Ventress stepped over the two and plopped down in the pilot seat, firing up the ship and lifting off. The two rebels tucked themselves in the corner as they jumped for hyperspace, searing for any possible way to escape.

"Why were you singing 'Happy Birthday' to Ahsoka?" Ezra asked abruptly.

"That's a stupid question," Ventress spat. "Kid, you sing that song to people when it's their birthday."

"But it isn't Ahsoka's life day, is it?"

Ventress sighed.

"Is it?"

"How do you know Ahsoka anyway?" Sabine budded in.

"Tano and I go way back," Ventress said. "Now will you two please just shut up? I'm trying to fly here."

"We're in hyperspace. There's nothing you can do to fly!"

"I said shut up," Ventress growled. "I hate children!"

"You said you go way back with Ahsoka. If you knew her during the war, the Empire will probably want you, too. Turning us in isn't a good idea," Sabine said.

Ventress laughed. "I'm not turning you into the Empire, dimwits. They aren't the only ones who want you."

"You aren't an inquisitor?" Ezra said.

"Of course not! It's insulting to be compared to those Amateurs," Ventress scoffed.

"You're a... sith?"

"I was. A sith assassin, to be precise. Until my master threw me out like the scum of the galaxy," Ventress growled. "I'm a bounty hunter, have been since before you were born."

"So where are you taking us if you're not taking us to the Empire?" Sabine said, biting back the fear that threatened to creep into her voice.

Ventress laughed, rumbling and sinister, as she swiveled around in her chair to face them. "There happens to be a lot of offers for a pretty little girl like you, Mandalorian."

Sabine's breath hitched and Ezra propelled himself forward to block Sabine. "I won't let you take her!"

"You're just a baby, you can't stop me," Ventress said.