Dad Moment

Heyo human beings from outer space!

Heeeey, I'm not hurting Ahsoka in this one! I'm going to annoy Anakin, though. It is a bit shorter. Sowwy. 

Read on if you dare. 

"Snips, you need to go to bed."

"Okay," Ahsoka bounced off the couch. She skipped across the room and around the holo-vision for a few laps.

"Ahsoka," Anakin crossed his arms over his chest. Ahsoka's unending energy was wearing him down.

"Yeah?" Ahsoka hardly batted an eye towards him. She jumped back onto the couch, jumped across it in a few small hops, and back to the floor.

"You need to go to bed now," Anakin said firmly.

"Why?" Ahsoka asked, bouncing across the room again.

"It's late," Anakin replied.

Ahsoka dropped to her hands and knees and crawled under the caf table. She stepped back to her feet and kept going.

"Ahsoka," Anakin used a warning tone.

"Yes?" Ahsoka responded, making a lap around the table.

"You need to go to bed," Anakin repeated.

"Okay," Ahsoka repeated her previous response.

He was getting nowhere.

Ahsoka passed by him and he reached out to grasp her. She moved her arm away from him and scampered into the kitchen area.

"Time for bed," Anakin followed her.

"Why?" Ahsoka climbed onto the counter and hopped off the other side. She passed him again, avoiding his second attempt to grab her, and made her way back to the couch.

"I already told you– It's late and you'll be falling asleep on me tomorrow if you don't go to bed now," Anakin tried again.

"Not yet," Ahsoka brushed her fingers against the wall and kept them there. She began walking forward, keeping her hand on the wall the whole time.

"Now," Anakin insisted, following her as she traced the wall.

Ahsoka ducked behind the holo-vision and made her way back to the kitchen. She climbed onto the counter and crawled across it, still tracing the wall.

"I'm losing my patients," Anakin warned.

"Better go find it," Ahsoka replied, stubbornly ducking away from his next attempt to catch her arm.

"Seriously, Ashoka, you need to go to bed. Now," Anakin huffed.

"Not yet," Ahsoka insisted. She jumped off the counter and scuttled across the kitchen, tracing the wall to her doorframe, across it, and back into the living room.

Anakin groaned. "I am not afraid to use a sleep suggestion on you."

"You'll have to catch me first," Ahsoka reached the point on the wall where she started and let her hand off it.

"I will," Anakin challenged. "And I will use a sleep suggestion."

"You'll have to catch me," Ahsoka repeated, taunting him with her sudden stillness.

So Anakin walked forward, slowly at first, then lurched for her. Ahsoka ducked nimbly out of his reach and scurried across their quarters. Anakin followed her hastily and chased her back.

Ahsoka leapt onto the couch, jumping away from his hands. She flipped over him and landed on the opposite side of the caf table. They shuffled back and forth for a moment.

Anakin reached out and was barely able to grab her. Ahsoka screeched and tried fighting free.

"Nope, nope, nope," Anakin lifted her over the table with some difficulty. "I caught you."

"Leggo!" Ahsoka moaned, kicking violently.

"No chance, it's time for you to go to bed," Anakin tried to get her under control.

"Nooo," Ahsoka whined, flailing.

"Yes," Anakin imitated her tone, pinning her down on the couch.

Ahsoka shreiked again, "Let me go!" She shoved him off and shot up from the couch, but Anakin quickly jumped back on her.

"Eeep!" Ahsoka squeaked as she thudded to the floor with Anakin on top of her.

Anakin had to sit on Ahsoka to stop her from flailing. She grunted breathlessly, his weight too heavy for her to wiggle away from.

"Cheater!" Ahsoka forced out through her lack of air.

"I don't think so," Anakin shifted his weight on her a bit to free up his flesh hand

Ahsoka shrieked as Anakin clasped a hand over her forehead.

"No, no!" Ahsoka cried sharply. "I'll go to bed by myself, please!"

"I don't believe you," Anakin sang.

"Please," Ahsoka begged.

Anakin sighed. He almost believed her for her desperate look. Almost.

"Sleep"

The moment the words left his mouth, Ahsoka's eyes glazed over. She fought to keep them open, and was successful, if only for a second or two. Then they shut and she stilled completely.

"There you go," Anakin cooed. He sat back and sighed. Ahsoka had finally been subdued.

Anakin lifted her onto the couch and ran small circles around her shoulder. She curled into him, purring softly.

"Ah, so you were tired," Anakin teased, even though she couldn't hear her.

Ahsoka tightened herself into a tiny circle. Anakin chuckled and took her into his arms again. He carried her to her room and shifted her to one arm.

Anakin pulled the covers of her bed back, set her on her bed, and tucked the covers around her. Ahsoka scrunched the covers into her circle.

"Goodnight, padawan mine," Anakin patted her head. "I love you."

And with that, he smacked a chaste kiss on her forehead and left her room for the night. 

---------------------

Word Count: 889

Published: Mar. 7, 2022

Awwww, fluffy, like my cat, George. 

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment!

Bye, peoples!