Concussed

Heyo human beings from outer space!

Here I go again, hurting Ahsoka...

Read on if you dare. 

"Remember, this is just a relief mission, in and out."

The clones nodded, slipping their helmets on and leaving the circle to bored the gunship. Anakin and Ahsoka followed closely behind. They stepped into the gunship and the doors shut behind them. They grabbed for the overhead handles.

"What's wrong, Snips, too short?" Anakin teased as she stretched upward to reach the handle.

"Ahsoka bore her teeth and glared at him. "Be quiet," she hissed. She continued stretching for a few solid minutes until she could hang onto the handle by a single knuckle of her finger and standing on the very tips of her toes.

Without warning, the ship jolted violently enough to cause everyone to stagger back a step. Except for Ahsoka.

The sudden movement threw her to the side. Her face slammed into Rex's chest plate. The impact was so forceful it stunned her.

Pain bloomed in Ahsoka's head and she felt herself fall limply into someone's arms.

"Commander Tano?" Was that Rex? She was too dazed to tell.

"Kriff, Ahsoka," Anakin's voice registered vaguely in her mind. Ahsoka listened to it and hung onto it as she desperately tried not to blackout. She willed him to say something more.

"Ahsoka, can you hear me?" he finally spoke.

Ahsoka parted her mouth slightly, but couldn't get her voice to work.

"Open your eyes," Anakin instructed.

Ahsoka peeked her eyes open, only to ruffle her face in pain and shut them again. The normally-dimmed lights shone painfully brightly in her eyes.

"Come on, Ahsoka," Anakin pulled her to her feet. Ahsoka leaned on him, partially because she was unsteady and partially because she couldn't reach the handles.

The rest of the ride was smooth. Ahsoka was still a little dazed when they touched down planet-side. Anakin took her to the area where they would be setting up a makeshift medical centre. Kix took a look at her.

Unsurprisingly, Ahsoka had a concussion. Kix decided to keep her in the medical bay. He sent her to the first cot that was set up. Anakin insisted he stay with her for a while.

So Ahsoka lay on the cot, trying not to fall asleep. She was so tired.

"Don't sleep," Anakin warned when her eyes stayed shut for a few heartbeats.

Ahsoka forced her eyes open.

"It's a relief mission, Ahsoka," Anakin groaned. "Only you could get a concussion on a relief mission."

Ahsoka smirked at him. "I learned from the best: you."

Anakin just chuckled and shook his head.

-------------------

Word Count: 566

Published: Mar. 11, 2022

Ahsoka, I feel your short-person pain. No, I didn't smash my face in a clone's chest plate, but, if you remember the Frog (I told you about him in "Indisposed"), he can be a little ornery. Well, he and his friend (who I call the "Shark"), like to call me short and AAAAA! 

Everyone calls me short, actually. Mother and Father, why did thout giveth me thy short-person genes? 

Oh, oh, oh, and if you would recall the one time I said that I was told the new Mandalorian episode was coming out that Wednesday? Yeah, Froggie told me that. It wasn't true. Blame everything on the Frog. 

By the way, sorry that this one is rather short.

So, requests are (still) open, feel free to message me or make a comment!

Bye, peoples!