Training Retreat

Heyo, human beings from outer space! 

Happy Pi Day, peeps, go eat some pie! 

So, today I come bearing a story of Ahsoka, Barriss, and an OC of mine. Her name is Eislyn and I USED TO have a book about her... so yeah it's future me here saying i officially hate this chapter 

Obviously, I'm going to be paying her a little more attention than the others. 

Okay, so do you have your pie? Go get your pie. Do you have it now? Great. 

Read on if you dare. 

"Ready to go, Barriss?" Ahsoka asked, securing the last crate in the cargo bay of the cruiser ship.

"I think so," Barriss replied. "Everyone is in attendance. Rolice, Kasiah, Waulm, Benadikt, Qualt, L'da, and Eislyn."

Ahsoka nodded. She headed up to the cockpit to let Master Plo know that they were ready to go.

As young Jedi, each padawan had to lead a group of younglings on a training retreat. Padawans went in pairs and a master went along to supervise. This was a sort of test for the padawans. The master couldn't intervene in any way, only supervise the work.

Before a padawan could graduate to the rank of a knight or acquire a padawan of their own, they had to pass the test.

In all honesty, Ahsoka had no idea what to expect. She was just glad she'd been paired with Barriss and Master Plo. In her opinion, the Council couldn't have chosen better.

"Master Plo, we're ready to go," Ahsoka announced, peeking her head into the cockpit.

"Very well. Thank you, Little 'Soka," Master Plo began the procedure.

Ahsoka turned back around and made her way to the training room. Barriss was already there, leading the younglings in meditation. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Ahsoka.

"Care to join us?" Barriss put on one of her rare smirks, reserved only for Ahsoka. "I know meditation comes a bit hard for you and sleep come more easily."

Ahsoka glared at her. "You won't stop about that one time. That was the first time I'd slept in three days. Skyguy sure was happy that I finally fell asleep."

"I'll never stop," Barriss grinned widely.

Ahsoka sat down and crossed her legs. One of the younglings– Eislyn was her name, Ahsoka thought– had opened her eyes and looked at Ahsoka with her head tilted.

For a moment, Eislyn and Ahsoka's eyes locked. Then the connection broke, and Eislyn quickly closed her large, shiny eyes. Ahsoka followed suit, breathing evenly and slipping into meditation.

Ahsoka studied the glistening, radiant signatures of the younglings.

There was Rolice, impulsive and strong.

There was Kasiah, charming and eager.

There was Waulum, timid and cautious.

There was Banadikt, ready and daring.

There was Qualt, energetic and cocky.

There was L'da, gentle and caring.

And there was Eislyn, somehow a mix of all the others and yet. so different for each of them at the same time.

Yes, Eislyn had a most curious shine to her. Something had been woven into her. It was strong, gentle, daring, compassionate, impulsive... and there was something there that Ahsoka couldn't figure out. Ahsoka couldn't understand.