Bye Bye, Little Butterfly

Heyo, human beings from outer space!

I got a random, poetic nagging at me and I whipped this up in 30 minutes, so please don't ask me what this is. I don't know. It may be confusing at first, so read the note at the end if you're confused. 

By the way, I'm a trashy poet, so this is pure, stinky garbage, but it's fine because you'll later be able to look upon other poets and appreciate how great they are. 

Read on if you dare. 

A butterfly, freshly sprouting from her cocoon.

She flutters her wings and tests her flight, but she cannot fly.

So she tries again and again, failing time after time. But she has her people, the other butterflies, egging her on, saying "Fly little butterfly, flap your wings and fly! We believe you can fly!"

One day she does. She flaps her wings, and she flies. She flutters so gracefully that everyone looks up and says, "look, watch that butterfly! See her go! See her fly!"

From there she flourishes. Every day, as she flies by, the little caterpillars watch her go. And amongst themselves, they murmur, "See the butterfly go? Isn't she so beautiful? Once I hatch from my cocoon, I hope to be exactly like her. One day I will be that butterfly!"

The butterfly comes along a colony of moths, making great bonds with them when some other butterflies preferred only to use the moths. Not this butterfly. She grew bonds with them as if they were her own people.

They were inseparable and could do anything together.

But one day, something goes wrong. The leading butterflies come to the young butterfly and tell her she's done them wrong. They tell her she's been greedy, taking too much pride and shaming their community. They believe that she should be stripped from her ability and privilege to fly.

The young butterfly denies all that they accuse her of, but her people refuse to give her a chance. So she flees from their grasp in search of proof that she'd done nothing wrong.

When she does, her people want her back. But they have no faith in her. No trust. They don't care.

Once she'd believed that they cared. Once she let herself think they had hearts. Once she convinced her mind they were good.

But they are none of this.

So she turns from them, spreads her wings, and flies away with a broken heart but without looking back.

And as she goes, the moths are singing, "bye, bye, little butterfly."

But her people don't even care to watch her go.

-----------------------

Word Count: 541

Published: November 1, 2022

Okay, so if you're still confused, Ahsoka is the butterfly. When the butterfly hatches from her cocoon, that's Ahsoka getting a master.  When she's accused, that's the temple bombing, the moths are the clones, and the community is the Jedi. 

So yeah. 

Also, a question for you peoples: If you were to see a book titled, "Dancing on the Ashes of the Past", would it catch your eye? AKA is it a catchy title? 

Everyone who answers gets a free digital ice cream cone.  

Requests are open, feel free to message me or make a comment if you have any ideas!

Bye, peoples!