An Unexpected Encounter | Part 2

Heyo human beings from outer space! 

I would like to start out by saying THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU!!!! Do you know how many reads I had when I checked? 222!!! Oh my gosh thank you to everyone who is reading this story!!!!!

So... yes... Part 2.... self-explanatory. 

Read on if you dare. 

Ahsoka stirred lightly. She sucked in a large breath and cracked her eyes open. Bright lights met her and she groaned, moving her hands to block the light from her eyes.

Wait, what happened?

Ahsoka could feel the signature stiff bunk underneath her, and something of the sort of bandages and bacta patches wrapping her or spotting over her in several places. Hold up, she didn't have a bunk, and she didn't remember falling asleep, so that meant one thing...

The med-bay.

Crud, what had happened? She couldn't remember. She couldn't smell the potent scent of motor oil and dust and something else she cherished (that meant Anakin) either.

Ahsoka shot up, her breaths quickening. She wasn't in a med-bay, she was in a barracks of some sort. Where was everybody? Anakin was normally right by her, and Kix was good about talking to his patients after they regained consciousness.

Normally there was someone there.

"Anakin?" Ahsoka called. "Kix? Obi-Wan? Master!" She felt like her airways were closing. "Anakin!" Ahsoka chocked out again.

"Whoah, whoah, Commander Tano, it's okay," a familiar voice soothed.

"Echo," Ahsoka grabbed his arm and clung to it, looking up to his face. But it didn't look like Echo.

This seemed to jump-start her sluggish mind. Ahsoka remembered their encounter in the alleyway.

"Sorry," Ahsoka let go of his arm and curled into herself. "Flashback, ya know?"

Echo nodded.

"What happened?" Ahsoka peeped after a moment.

"You passed out," Echo replied in a nonchalant tone.

Ahsoka shot him a playful glare. "Now Echo, we've been over this, you should know that I don't p-"

"Yeah yeah," Echo rolled his eyes with a faint smile. "You don't pass out, you blacked out."

Ahsoka's playfulness dispersed and she curled into herself more tightly. "Why did you bring me here? Where is here?"

"Here is the Havoc Marauder. I brought you here because you were hurt and I wanted to help you. I mean, you've saved my sorry hide more times than I can count. The least I can do is help you when you're bleeding profusely and black out on me in the middle of an alleyway," Echo explained.

"You make it sound so dramatic," Ahsoka mumbled.

"It was!"

After a beat of silence, Echo spoke again.

"It's good to see you again, Commander Tano," he whispered patting her shoulder.

"Pleased don't call me that," Ahsoka's voice was hardly audible.

"Call you what? 'Commander?' I've called you that the entire time I've known you! How am I supposed to stop now?"

"I don't deserve it."

"You don't deserve it?" Echo repeated. "Commander, you deserve it more than anyone else in this galaxy!"

"Stop, Echo," Ahsoka begged. "Don't call me that."