TWELVE 🌸

I wiped away the tears rolling down my cheeks and shook off the horrible feeling of fear and anxiety

I wiped away the tears rolling down my cheeks and shook off the horrible feeling of fear and anxiety. When I got to one of the bedrooms I slammed the door closed and balled my eyes out.

The room was decorated in muted grey tones like the soft grey of a doves feather. It was a little messy, a full laundry basket and odd bits of clothing scattered around the basket on the floor.

I spotted the customised nikes tossed to a corner and my heart sank knowing I was in his room. A king sized bed dominated the area and on one of the side tables he had a small wicker basket filled with condoms.

I picked up a much loved book, the spine had crinkles, the tell-tale sign it had been read often. The title read 'Of Mice And Men.'

I used the bookcase to aid the weight of my body as I stood up. The unit rattled but didn't move and I glanced behind it to see a thick padlock holding it to the wall. I tried to move it again but the padlock gave it no leeway.

"Odd." I mumbled to myself.

I walked to his desk and glanced behind it, two padlocks on either side kept the desk secured to the wall.

Now I was invested, I moved over to his bed and tried to pull it away from the wall, his bed was on a short chain padlock secured onto one of the bed posts.

Why was all of his furniture padlocked to the wall?

I sat down on a black leather sofa and opened up the book. My hand traced over the personal inscription written on the first page.

'Happy Birthday A, I hope you know I wouldn't hesitate to shoot you just like George shot Lenny. - Dad.'

The bedroom doors flung open and I sat awkwardly as Arlo and a guy backed up towards the bed, lips locked.

They were both topless and soaking wet, clearly came here straight from the pool. I cleared my throat and they both pulled apart rapidly.

"What the fuck are you doing in here Blossom? Leave." Arlo ordered. His eyes burnt into me dangerously, waiting for an answer.

Arlo and a guy kissing, was he gay?

That made so much sense. He was gay, he fooled around with girls because he didn't want anybody to know that he really liked guys.

"You leave." I spoke before I had time to think through my words. I sounded ridiculous considering this was his room.

They both stared at me dumbfounded and I squirmed, feeling as dirty as their look. I couldn't return to the party, I was fucking terrified of the water and that boy might try and throw me in again. I was staying here.

"Get outta here, this room is off limits. Nobody is allowed to be in here without me." Arlo seemed confused and annoyed.

"I'm not leaving." I stood tall and he stepped away from the guy, coming closer to me, pushing himself up against me and hitting me with a wave of aftershave and wetness.