26

a/n
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 100K READS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART ILY ALL. i started this book like almost two years ago, and I never expected it to get this far.

NOBODY

NOBODY

Melo kept his word about keeping Mariah in her room until the cuts healed. He was there everyday during every hour except for when he had practice. However, Mari had watched so many crime shows to the point where she knew how to get out of handcuffs.

So when game day came, that's exactly what she did. She'd been planning her escape for days. The plan was to leave everything except her wallet and completely ditch both her phone and car, because Melo installed trackers on them all.

It didn't take her long before she was out the apartment with nothing but a backpack of clothes and all the necessities she needed.

The first thing she did was withdraw a bunch of cash from her account and bought a burner phone. Next step, the Greyhound. She practically ran the five mile way to the bus which would take her all the way to Georgia, to the one person she trusted the most. It's also the last place anyone would think to look.

MARIAH

"So you're saying you want to stay with me when there's gonna be a fucking missing persons report on you?! Mari, hella people will be looking for you. You're kind of an important person, you know that right??"

Okay, so maybe I hadn't thought this through all way. But in my defense, the only thing running through my mind was that I had to get out. There was no going back now. Not if I wanted to live.

Mariah- Yes..that's exactly what I want.

He looked at me and sighed. He saw how tired I was and I think he also knew I had nowhere else to go.

O- Fine..but in a few weeks when the heat dies down, you have to post on Instagram so people don't think you're dead.

Mariah- Deal.

Now this was something I could get behind. I'd watched Criminal Minds over to the point where I knew how long a Missing Persons report would last until people gave up.

O- Do I even wanna know who you're running from? Please tell me it's anyone but Melo.

The only response I could offer him was some sort of smile and shrug, which made him groan in annoyance.

O- You told me you were done fucking with him.

Mariah- I was!! He just..forced himself back into my life.

He gave me a look that said "bitch please" and I couldn't help the laugh that came out.

O- Yeah okay. Lemme guess, he told you he loves you and you folded. Didn't you?

Mariah- Okay, that's maybe what happened.

O- What you need to realize is, that nigga does not love you Mariah. Someone who loves you doesn't ditch you for bitches older than him. No matter how many times he says he's sorry or tells you he loves you, he's just trying to trick you into being with him forever.

I mean, he does have a point.

O- But..it doesn't matter what I say, or what anyone else tells you. At the end of the day it goes in one ear and out the other because we all know you'll just keep going back to him.

Wait what? Is that really what everyone thinks?

Mariah- So what you're saying is, it's my fault I'm in the situation I'm in right now?

O- No, stupid. It's not your fault.

Sitting up in confusion, I looked at O once he sat back down on the couch.

Mariah- So who's fault is it?

O- Honestly, I blame Dmo. His head is so shoved so far up Zo and that family's ass, he doesn't even know his niece is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and needs serious help. And I also blame Lavar for not putting Melo in anger management or some type of therapy. Lord knows he gets mad over the smallest thing.