43

NOBODY

"How many more times am I gonna tell you that you don't have to defend my brother anymore?"

Gelo asked from the couch as Mariah entered his house, arms full of groceries. She refused to make another trip back to her car. If you can't carry all the bags in both arms, then what are you doing with your life?

Mariah- Not defending him. Just simply exaggerating the truth, per say.

Getting up from the couch, Gelo rolled his eyes, not in the mood to hear any of the younger girl's shenanigans.

Gelo- Exaggerating what truth? You told no truth. You did heal from that girl elbowing you.

He began to help her put up different things she'd bought, mainly things that didn't need to go in the fridge or freezer.

Mariah- Okay what was I supposed to do? I've been defending him pretty much my whole life. It's the only thing I'm good at when it comes to him. Plus, it's either that or have him hurt me.

Gelo- At this point, there's literally nothing he can use against you without exposing himself.

Mariah- Hmm. Speaking of exposing, is Melo actually seeing an anger management counselor?

There was a tiny amount of hope that Mariah had that maybe, for once, he wasn't lying just to lure her back into his trap. Immediately pausing what he was doing, Gelo looked over at Mariah with wide eyes, like she wasn't supposed to know.

Gelo- Yeah..why'd you ask?

He was a bit skeptical with responding, not knowing if Mariah knew that his brothers and Lavar had forced him into counseling. It wasn't a choice Melo made on his own.

Mariah- Just wondering.

No there was no way she was telling the truth. He knew for a fact Melo must've told her.

Gelo- Yeah okay Scooby Doo. Melo told you, didn't he?

By now all the groceries had been put up and they were now folding all the bags, putting them into a bigger bag. (if you don't keep a bag of bags, what is wrong with you?)

Mariah- Yup.

Gelo- Why were you even texting him?

He couldn't be serious. After all this, there was no way Gelo still believed Mariah would contact Melo first. She may complain about him, but one thing about her is; she'll never make the first move. Not ever.

Mariah- He texted ME first, I didn't want to talk to him. Jaden was there, ask her. I can even show you the messages.

Gelo- No, I'm good. I believe you.

Mari knew deep down he didn't, he just said that to change the topic. When it came to Melo, no one hardly believed her. It made her want to scream. Her own uncle didn't believe her half the time, and that's what hurt the most.

Everyone loved to picture her as this crazy girl who was still obsessed with her ex when in fact that wasn't the case at all. So she just gave up on trying to save her reputation. It's a big reason why she can never move on. Anyone she tries to get with just assumes she's never over Melo.

Mariah- No you don't, but it's okay. You're still my second favorite person with the Ball name.

Gelo- Second? Who's the first?

He was confused as to who she could like better than him. They used to be practically inseparable. Izzy hated her when she dated Gelo. Everywhere Mari went, Gelo followed. It was like he was her personal bodyguard.

Mariah- Your mom.

She couldn't resist making a your mom joke, even though they were old.

Gelo- What are you, twelve?