35

NOBODY

It was ten o'clock at night when LaMelo finally woke up on the floor of his living room. His head was pounding and he had no idea why, until flashes of what happened earlier ran through his mind. All he remembered was fighting Gelo and then seeing stars.

In the midst of his mind replaying fight memories, he tried to remember what the whole thing was about. There was a banging on his door, and Melo thought he was hearing things due to his headache. It didn't click in his head that it was real.

Feeling around on the floor next to him, he searched for his phone. After three pats he'd found it a few feet away. When he turned it on to see what he'd missed, the notifications made his heart drop.

+30 missed calls from Pops 🤟🏼
+17 text messages from Pops 🤟🏼

+1 message from DMO 👾

He wasn't worried about the seventeen missed messages or thirty calls from his dad, it's the single one from Dmo that scared him the most.

DMO 👾
count your fucking days, LaMelo.

Several senarios went through his mind as he read that text over and over. He had no idea what Dmo meant by that message and he sure as hell didn't want to find out.

The banging he heard when he first woke up snapped him out of his small daze and his head snapped to the door.

?!- LAMELO LAFRANCE BALL. OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR RIGHT NOW, OR SO HELP ME GOD I'LL BUST THE SHIT DOWN.

Melo flinched in fear at the loud tone. He knew that voice from anywhere. A huge part of him didn't want to open the door, mainly because he didn't know if the outcome would be good or bad. He was terrified, but wouldn't let it show.

Taking a deep breath in, he pulled himself off of the ground, making his way to the front door, head pounding and all. After that, Melo wished he hadn't opened the door.

As soon as he did, he felt two hands aggressively grab his shirt and push him back into his own home, slamming his body onto the wall. He didn't expect the back of his head to hit it so hard. The impact made his already hurting head pound even more.

Melo- The fuck is wrong with you Zo?

He asked, looking at his oldest brother who was furious. So far to the point where he was red in the face. Melo'd never seen his brother that mad.

Lonzo- What's wrong with me? No, the fuck is wrong with you? Is it true?

At this point Zo was basically choking the shit out of his younger brother, but he didn't care. He needed those answers and he needed them now before Lavar got there and put his youngest son in the hospital. Melo on the other hand, had no idea what Lonzo was talking about.

Melo- Is what true?

What could he have possibly done to make his older brother fly all the way out to Charlotte from Chigaco, he thought. Lonzo wasn't having any of his brother's bullshit. Especially with a serious situation such as this.

Lonzo- I'm not playing with you Melo. Does it look like I'm joking?

He asked, lightly slamming LaMelo's head onto the wall once more. Anger had now replaced the confusion in Melo.