Chapter Four

||Mariah||

Today was the first game of the Jba, so you know things were about to be wild. This man LaVar had me out with him since like 5 this morning setting up the arena making sure everything was ready.

Ya girl was tired and I only got two hours of sleep because of Zo and Gelo loud asses. I eventually got tired of the noise they made so I went to Melo's room and just went to sleep.

LaVar- Mari!! Are you ready?? Now all we gotta do is go to the store and get snacks for the draft party in the back room.

Mariah- Okay.

The whole way to and from the store I was trying not to fall asleep. When we got back, the first thing I did was go to sleep on the couches.

||Lonzo||

First game of Jba and draft day. The family was here to support both Melo and Gelo. Me, Kp, Dmo and everybody else was going to check out the room where the draft was playing.

Melo- Has anybody seen Mari?

Now that I think about it, nobody has. I haven't seen her since like at 3 in the morning when she went to Melo's room.

Gelo- That's a good question.

We opened the door and I got scared as hell when I seen somebody with poofy hair sleeping on one of the couches. Melo looked at her, and went to go sit on her.

Mariah- You have five seconds to get your lanky ass body off of me.

Melo- Like you're gonna do anything to me.

A couple seconds later, her hand appeared on the top of his head, and she pushed his waves back. My mouth and heart dropped. He started freaking out and all I could do was laugh.

Melo- Yo What the fuck?!

He got off of her and tried to fix them again.

Mariah- Did I or did I not tell you to get off of me? You're like way heavier than I am.

Melo- Ight bet. I gotchu.

Soon Melo had to go get ready, while the rest of us were chilling.

||Mariah||

My phone lit up from the group chat I was in.

Narvin 🐣
Yoo, are we going to the fair or not?

Chris 🔥
i'm still down. idk bout mari.

-bitch, I'm still going 🖕🏽

I don't really know what happened after that, being that I went back to sleep. All I know is Gelo didn't get drafted. Melo was mad at me so he hasn't said a word.

..............

It was time to head to the fair with Chris, Narvin, Don, Iris, Will, Lorenzo, Rich, Eli, O, and a couple other people. I had on a supreme crop top, ripped jeans, and my vans. I'd straighten my hair for the first time in forever.

We had gone on some rides, all of us buying a unlimited ride wristband. Now we were heading to these spinning things. I don't know what they were called but they're fun. All of us had taken up the ride. I was stuck in between Eli and O's skinny ass.

From the corner of my eye I saw Ashley, Denise, and Izzy. What were they doing here? More importantly, why was Ashley with them. Then behind them was the whole Big Baller crew with most of the Jba boys.

I guess I was the only one who saw them because the rest of us were too busy laughing at the ride. When we got off, they were nowhere near on sight but I knew they were filming.

Chris- Where y'all wanna go next?

Jaren- I kinda wanna go on the Ferris wheel.

Narvin- What Ferris wheel gone hold to big ass? Please tell me.

Jaren- Fuck you.

Mariah- Y'all stay disrespecting my guy Jaren.

After forever, we found the biggest Ferris wheel in the fair that would hold all of us together. It was smack dab in the middle of the fair too. So that's what we were on.

Iris- Is it me, Or do I see Ashley's ugly ass?

Andre- Nah, I definitely see her too.

Chris- Mhm. Her lips need Jesus.

After going around like five more times the ride ended and they headed over to take pictures. I had went to buy a churro. All the boys had gathered in their little huddle.

I seen Zo, Gelo, and the rest of the crew somewhat really close by. Melo was nowhere near Ashley and that's how it better be.

O- Bro!! Mariah!! Put the churro down and bring your ugly ass over here.

He had screamed at me, Rolling my eyes I quickly finished my churro and ran towards them. Dropping down in a stripper like pose, I smiled and seen the flash go off.

Eli- Now you know damn well that if Melo sees you in that pose, he's gonna kill yo ass.

Mariah- He's mad at me because I brushed his waves back.

Chris- Oh now that's mad dirty.

From the corner of my eye, I seen Ashley and Melo all boo'd up. Everybody was looking at him like he was dumb. Alright bet. I got my phone out texting Zo and Gelo and some of the other guys that if they saw Andre and I looking all close, it's cause Melo was flirting with Ashley. We started walking away and I pulled Dre to the side.

Andre- Wassup Shooter?

Mariah- Aight, So Melo's all flirting with Ashley somewhere here. You and I need to act like we're together.

Andre- Weird flex, but okay. I gotchu.

Informing the gang about our plan, we moved on to a couple more rides and some games, where I made O get me a big ass teddy bear.

Quan- You know, If I was a stranger, I'd think Mariah and Andre were together.

Iris- I ship Mandre.

Andre- Okay now that's fuckin gay.

Mariah- Andre is like a brother to me. He's helping me get Melo jealous.

We'd done another lap around the fair and I spotted Gelo's big built ass. That had to mean they were with him.

Mariah- Oh shit. Iris Hold this.

I gave her my bear before jumping on Andre's back. I was so short that my legs were wrapped around his torso. Iris handed him the bear and we kept walking in the direction we were in.

Gelo and I made eye contact. He nodded and purposely kept walking in our direction.