74

a/n
now why would he do this. ruined my whole fuckin day bro. i was fine before seeing that.

 i was fine before seeing that

Nobody

"What makes you think we did something?

Bryce asked, pulling away from the group hug to see LaMelo standing next to the Tv with a McDonald's bag in hand.

Melo- She wasn't crying when I left. So that means y'all did something.

The others pulled away from Mariah who was still bawling her eyes out.

Shareef- We're gonna head out, but I'll text you.

She nodded her head and gave him one last hug before they all walked out, Bryce giving Melo the dirtiest look he could muster.

Melo- The fuck?

Confused, he gave the look back and scoffed once Bryce closed the door behind him. He turned his attention back to the crying girl on the bed and put the bag next to her.

Melo- Now why are you crying Ri?

For a couple seconds she stayed silent before ignoring him and opening up the bag. He'd gotten her nuggets and fries, her usual order.

Mariah- You were right, you know.

She finally spoke up, taking both foot items out of the bag. At first Melo was baffled because she had gone from ugly crying to her normal self within a minute of seeing the bag.

Melo- About?

Mariah- What you said the month before we started ninth grade.

It took him a while to figure out what she meant because he'd said a lot of things to her that summer and he had absolutely no idea what she was talking about.

Melo- You seriously expect me to remember something I said like..six or seven years ago?

Mariah- Well, obviously if you remember what I eat at McDonald's.

Melo- I know what you get because we get the same thing.

Mariah- To make it short, we had a whole argument and you basically said I wasn't your only option anymore which is hilarious considering you didn't find a new girlfriend until we were juniors.

Melo- Is that why you were crying? Because you randomly remembered that? Seriously?

Mariah- No. I was crying because what Jalen said is true. I'm your rebound girl until you find the next cougar. I think the reason we don't work out is cause I'm a week younger than you. You tend to date older women, which is really exposing your mommy issues.

Melo- I don't have mommy issues.

Mariah deadpanned him before rolling her eyes. Of course that's the only thing he gets out of anything she just said.

Mariah- Yes you do. All three of you do.

Melo- And the reason we don't work out has nothing to do with you. It's all me.

Mariah- Awww, look at you. Owning up to mistakes. I'm proud of you Dip.

Melo- Shut up.

He said, getting up from the bed. He knew Ana might be in their room freaking out, wondering what was taking him so long to come back.

Melo- I gotta go before Ana suspects we're doing something. You know she paranoid.

Mariah- I don't blame her. I wouldn't trust your sneaky ass either.

Melo- It's not me she doesn't trust. It's you.

Mariah- Bring her in here. I wanna talk to her.

Melo- Fine. But I'm staying in here to listen. There's no telling what you'll do to her and I'm not sure I'll stop it.

Mariah- So you're gonna let your girlfriend get beat up again?

Melo- With the way she be talking, she probably deserves to get her ass beat sometimes.

Mariah let out a snort, almost choking on a fry.

Mariah- See, I knew you wasn't shit.