41

NOBODY

Ten minutes ago Mariah's life wasn't as shitty as it was right now. She'd just left Target with a trunk full of groceries, singing Rod Wave lyrics at the stop of her lungs as Bottom Boy Survior blared throughout the car. Then Jaden called.

Mariah- What's up?

She asked, once the call went through.

Jaden- Girl delete that picture you posted on your story, like right now.

Reaching a stop light, Mari took her phone from the center console without saying a word and opened Instagram, deleting the picture she took at Target almost thirty minutes ago. Mari would do anything Jaden asked her to, even though she might question it later.

Mariah- Why'd you tell me to delete it?

Jaden- Wait, you haven't seen Twitter?

Mari's eyebrow raised and she remembered Jaden couldn't see any gestures she was doing.

Mariah- No, I'm driving. What's going on?

On the other side of the phone, Jaden let out a gasp. She knew Mari would lose her mind once she saw what was trending.

Jaden- I suggest you maybe pull over somewhere and check.

Mariah- Okay? Let me pull into this place.

There was a Home Depot near Mari so she decided she'd stop in their parking lot to see what Jaden was so eager for her to find out.

Once she secured a spot she then turned off her car and unlocked her phone once more.

Mariah- What exactly am I looking for?

Jaden- The trending tab.

Twitter

United States Trends

3.  ᴛʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ
Mariah Moore
Fans of Mariah Moore are concerned for her safety after she posted a photo on Instagram and someone pointed out several faded bruises around her torso.

ᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴡᴇᴇᴛ

there's absolutely no way mariah moore got those from the gym. it literally looks like somebody beat tf outta her, & i know homegirl can fight so who the fuck touched her?? i just wanna talk..
130k 🤍 12k 🔁 7k 💬

5. ᴛʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ
Where's Melo?
Hornets player LaMelo Ball has missed four games in a row. Fans want to know where he is.

ᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴡᴇᴇᴛ

where's melo at? this is dn the 4th game he hasn't been in. took my girl to see a game & she was pissed melo wasn't playing. shorty dumped me after the game 😭, this nigga needs to come back.
45k 🤍 9k 🔁 17k 💬

7. ᴛʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ
Breezy 2.0
People are wondering if Mariah Moore's disappearance had anything to do with LaMelo Ball based off their interactions on social media. Some are suggesting she got the bruises on her torso from him even though both of them have neither confirmed nor denied this.

ᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴡᴇᴇᴛ

ayooo. melo??? of all ppl he's the LAST person i'd expect to hit a woman. lemme find out behind closed doors this nigga's breezy 2.0 🧐
246k 🤍 102k 🔁 79k 💬

9. ᴛʀᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ
SHE'S PREGNANT?!
Fans of LaMelo Ball are wondering if he actually got his ex girlfriend Mariah Moore pregnant after he made a post a few weeks ago referring to her as his "baby momma".

pause, rewind, repeat. she pregnant?? SINCE WHEN DAWG 🤨. do that mean he been cheating on his lil cougar gf? bro a menace. i just hope mari won't turn out like denise. i actually like her.
90k 🤍 60k 🔁 4k 💬

MARIAH

The fifth and ninth ones were the last of my worries. I didn't care if Melo's missed a few games. Three and seven were the only two on my mind. I wanted to cry. How could I be so stupid?

When I took the picture I didn't even notice anything these people were zooming in on. First people actually thought I was missing, and now they think I'm being abused by Melo. I mean, it's true but still, that's none of their business. It's between him and I. Maybe his family. But literally that's all.

NOBODY

"Did Melo tweet anything about it?"

Was the first thing that came out of Mariah's mouth after two minutes of complete silence on both ends of the phone. Jaden immediately almost rolled her eyes at her friends concern for the boy she was slowly starting to hate.

Jaden hated how Mariah's first thought was always about Melo's well-being during something that only should be focused on her. But she also knew Mari wasn't mentally right when it came to him so she kept that in mind.

Jaden- Yeah, he did. A few minutes ago.

Quickly typing in Melo's display name, she clicked on his profile to see what he'd tweeted.

Melo ✔︎ @MELOD1P
lmaooo i swea y'all believe anything ppl say. 🥱
i'd neva lay a hand on tht girl. i got nun but love for her. niggas gullible fr 💯‼️
15k 🤍 500 🔁 100 💬

Both girls had different reactions to his tweet. Jaden's first thought was "this lying ass nigga". He's from California, she thought, why does he type like he's from the hood?

Meanwhile Mari was smiling from ear to ear due to the third sentence. She liked, retweeted, and commented a heart under his post before going to write her own.

Mari ✔︎ @M4R1AH
y'all are just making shit up atp. melo has never put his hands on me like that in the 13 yrs i've known him, & he definitely wouldn't start now. those are scars from when a girl elbowed me during one of my games in high school & bruised my rib. i'm sure that clip is out there somewhere. it just never healed right. get your facts right before y'all accuse someone of abuse.

Not even thirty seconds after she'd posted it, Mari heard Jaden sigh.

Jaden- Mari, please tell me you didn't just lie to all eight hundred thousand of your followers.

She knew damn well Mariah's rib had healed correctly, or else she wouldn't have been able to play last season.

Mariah- They don't need to know that. It's none of their business wether I get hit or not. I'm not gonna ruin his life.