81

Mariah

"Welcome back Miss Mariah, I was beginning to think you both weren't going to make it."

First of all...where am I and why is this lady in my face smiling like everything is okay? Every single part of my body hurt, and to top it all off, my good hand is in a CAST. Does this mean I'm temporarily handicapped? Do I get a plaque?

I'm guessing this...Doctor Vasquez took my silence for confusion because there's no way I could talk without bawling my eyes out again.

Dr. Vasquez- Your son is doing just fine. The person who hurt you didn't hit the right spot.

Pause, backtrack, rewind. Did she just say son? As in like, a boy? A mini Melo? Oh yeah, I'm definitely hated up there in heaven. It's bad enough Lavar already got three sons, this man doesn't need another boy in the Ball bloodline.

Dr. Vasquez- We called your uncle while you were in surgery. He's on his way with your other family members.

See now why would she call Darren? That's just next level snitching, because I know for a fact wherever Darren goes, Zo follows behind and where Zo goes, the other brothers follow. So on and so forth.

Stop, Mari you're getting sidetracked. Get to the main focus. Find out who exactly is here. So I pointed to her pen with my other hand. It was going to be hell using my right arm for everything. Fuck. My. Life.

Luckily she was smart enough to understand that I wanted to write. So I wrote the only name I thought mattered right now. Shaqir.

He's the last face I remembered seeing before either medicine knocked me out, or that was Jesus saying it was my time.

Dr. Vasquez- Oh yes, your brother is in the waiting area with the rest of your siblings. I didn't know you had so many brothers and sisters. You're a lucky girl.

So many? Who the hell did Shaqir bring besides Mearah? I'm pretty sure Shareef was busy playing in a game. Plus she said sisters as in more than one..so who the fuck?

I quickly wrote "yes" and I'm guessing a nurse went to go get whoever was here because she left pretty quickly.

Dr. Vasquez- Now in about an hour, some very nice police officers are going to come and ask you some questions. They just want to know how you ended up here, alright?

Why is this lady speaking to me as if I was a child? I've also noticed that every time I end up in the emergency room I ALWAYS have to talk to the police? Maybe I need to live in a bubble. Or get injured overseas..nahh I like the bubble idea.

Dr. Vasquez- Why do you have to talk to the police? Well, because you came in with a mild concussion, a broken arm, and you were bleeding pretty much everywhere. Now unless you are an accident magnet, someone did this to you.

Yeah like I would do all of this to myself. I couldn't even get my next thought onto paper because somebody busted in the fucking room like they were trying to rob me.

That somebody turned into a lot of bodies. When I say a lot, I mean it. Mind you, I'd left the hotel room with Shaqir, Josh, and Caleb. Now standing in this room were those three, Shareef, Mearah, Myles, Jalen, Bronny, Bryce, Mikey, Jada, Paige, Jaden. How they all got here? No idea.