92

Mariah

"You both know why you're here right?"

In front of me sat Dr. Diane and Martin Ellores. My therapist and Melo's anger management coach. Ain't this about a bitch? I knew something was up when they kept commenting on our posts, but I didn't know they were married. I just know this was Gelo and JJ's doing.

Melo- Not really no, this feels like a setup.

Amen to that. These niggas got us doing couples therapy which was wild because we technically weren't together. I don't even think he properly broke up with Chester the Cougar, Cheetah, whatever that thing's name is.

Martin- If you two want to be together, this is what you're gonna have to do. Every week. Or at least until we feel you're ready.

Mariah- This is bullshit, I could be in Detroit with Killian Hayes' fine ass but I'm stuck in fucking therapy.

I didn't even have to look at LaMelo to know he was glaring at me.

Melo- You wanna be with that nigga so bad then go. Ain't nobody making you stay here.

Mariah- Stop talking like that. You're not hard, you're not a thug. You grew up inside of a big house in Chino Hills, California with two parents who are still together to this day. The blackest thing about you is your name.

I noticed Diane start taking notes. What exactly is she writing and why is she writing so hard?

Melo- If I remember right, you were adopted by my parents. You lived the same life I did.

Now why would he say that? This conversation wasn't even about me.

Mariah- Then that makes you my adoptive brother, which is kinda incest in a way. So technically you want to date your sister.

Melo- Welp, you know what they say. Sweet Home Alabama.

As much as I wanted to be disgusted by that, I let out a loud laugh. That laugh caused Melo to laugh too and the two of us started cackling like mad men. I haven't laughed like that in a while.

Diane- Suddenly I regret agreeing to this. I could barely take her alone, but these two together? Oh this is going to be a disaster.

Martin- I mean, his brother did say the two of them were best friends before they ever dated. I guess we could start there.

Man, these two sucked at whispering. But I didn't care. Melo and I were too busy trying to make each other laugh harder. My sides were gonna start hurting soon.

Eventually we calmed down and were met with both Diane and Martin trying not to laugh at us.

Diane- So, let's bring this back to where everything started. Tell us how you two met.

I looked over at Melo, trying to decided which one of us should go first. I just want to hear his side of the story because we never talk about it.

Melo- My mom used to work at a school and sometimes when my brothers and I would get out early or didn't have school, we would go over there to play basketball with my dad or some of the other kids there.