59

a/n
i switched to numbers bc i'm too lazy to keep typing out the full words

NOBODY

"Why did you say all those mean things about me on your Instagram? People are attacking me now, all because of you. I think you owe me an apology."

Mari was currently on the phone with Sydney, who was having what she wanted to call a "mid-life crisis" after Mari so called "attacked her" in her comment section.

Mariah- You literally called me fat. I don't owe you shit Sydney.

On the other side of the phone, Sydney groaned.

Sydney- But people are chanting that you're better than me during games!!

Mari could care less about what people were telling Sydney. She was too tired to deal with it.

Mariah- Because I am.

It was nine in the morning, and Sydney called her what she said was "bullshit".

Sydney- You know what? I hope your baby ends up dead, just like your dad.

Hearing that made Mari wide awake. Did Sydney really just say what she thought she did? Or was she losing her hearing?

Mariah- Bitch, eat a dick and die. Don't make me come down there and beat yo ass. Cause I will.

By this time she was wide awake, ready to take a drive down to Durham if needed. Sydney may have been her best friend throughout high school, but she'd crossed a line.

Sydney- Girl bye. You wasn't bout it in high school, and you definitely ain't bout it now.

Sitting up, Mariah grabbed her phone and began getting dressed. There was no way she'd let Sydney sit there and disrespect her or her child.

Mariah- I had cameras on me twenty four seven back in high school, of course I couldn't do anything. But now I just don't care.

She truly didn't care. As soon as she got put in an Overtime video, the camera and the publicity just kept coming. It worsened when she showed up on BITF and got involved with the JBA.

Back then she didn't know how to manage the fame and all the judging eyes, but now looking at everything that's happened this year, she didn't care what people thought of her now.

Sydney- Yeah, okay Mariah. Say what you want, I know for a fact you won't show up, because you're scary.

Mariah- Oh, bet. I'll see you in an hour. I know you ain't got practice today, so I'll be at ya door.

With that, she hung up the phone. By this time, Mari had gotten fully dressed, even though that only consisted of a hoodie, shorts, and crocs. But she was ready, and that's all that mattered.

Gelo- Where you going?

He asked, watching Mariah zoom downstairs. Both him and Evoni were watching some type of scary movie.

Mariah- Down to Durham because bitches think they can disrespect me and get away with it.

Evoni's eyes widened and she hopped up from the couch, trying her hair up.

Evoni- Shit, let's go.

Mari loved the fact that Evoni was just up and ready to go at the mention of fighting.

Gelo- Mari you can't just go around fighting people because they said something rude.

The younger girl's face scrunched up and she looked at him like he'd lost his mind.

Mariah- The hell I can't. She just wished death on your future neice or nephew.

This time, LiAngelo's eyes widened and he stood up as well.

Gelo- Aw hell nah. Go beat her ass.