Chapter 1

I put my books in my locker, tossing my backpack over my shoulder. The year was 1997, today was the last day of school, after today we'll start summer break and we can do whatever the hell we wanna do. Everyone else is probably gonna go swimming or something stupid like that. I'm gonna stay inside and play my guitar, make music, and I guess some other stuff. I sighed as I shut my locker, walking to my last class of the day.

My name is Rylan, I'm 18, going on 19. I'm in a band with my friend Rowan. He plays bass and does backing vocals, I play guitar and do vocals. We need a drummer though. The band's name is Red, a stupid name, I know, but we like it. We cover songs from Nirvana, Green Day, Metallica, bands like that. Those are some of my favorite bands, I love their music.

I walked to class humming quietly, "You know you're right, you know you're right.." I sang quietly. I was interrupted when someone shoved me against the lockers, I looked up just to get punched in the face. I yelped "Damnit! What the hell was that fo-" "Shut the fuck up, dumbass!" That was my brother, Raymond, he's 18. And a total dick. I shoved Ray off of me "Damnit, Ray! You can't just shove me into lockers randomly just because you hate my guts!" He scoffed "I can do what I want. I saw you and got pissed, and you're my punching bag so I took that anger out on you." His logic never made any sense. Fucking prick. The bell rang, I was now late for class, "You weren't pissed that you saw me, you just wanted to make me late for class." I picked up my beanie and brushed it off, going to class.

Once I got into the classroom I was scolded for being late once again. I sat by Rowan, he leaned over "Hey what happened? I heard some yelling earlier." He whispered "Just Raymond." I mumbled, Rowan nodded. "No talking!" The teacher yelled.
Mrs. Butters, the worst teacher. She never teaches us anything and never let's us do anything. I sighed, Rowan and I kept talking as quietly as possible.
"No talking!"
I flinched. Okay, ow. That hurt my ears a little bit, and that's coming from someone who plays the shit out of guitar and screams 6 times a week. I'm used to loud noises but when she yells, it's just different.
But of course, we kept talking.
Mrs. Butters slammed her hand on my desk, wow, she actually got up from her seat for once.
"I said. No. Talking. Go to the office. Both of you."
Rowan and I both sighed, walking out of the classroom.
"Your place or mine?" I asked
"Well is Raymond home now?" Rowan asked
I saw Raymond leave after he punched me earlier, I nodded
"Yeah."
"My place then."
"Okay."
We snuck out of the school and hid ay the back by the dumpsters.
"Wait a sec" I leaned against the wall, pulling out a lighter and cigarette, lighting it, I smoked.

~Later~

We were walking to Rowan's place, well, sneaking I guess. We didn't want to get caught skipping school.

______________________________________

hi
-me