Chapter 12

TW: RAYMOND BEING A DICK

~A couple days later~

~Rylan's POV~
I climbed up the tree and jumped onto the roof bit, somehow not making any noise, I opened the window and crawled into my room. I landed on the floor with a quiet thud, I got up and set my guitar against the wall and started putting more of my things in my bag. I told myself I would stay here for a bit, but I changed my mind, why? I don't fucking know. I tensed up when I heard slow footsteps coming up the stairs, coming towards my room.

"Ry...Ryland!!" I heard a Raymond yell. I could tell he was drunk. Just my luck. He started pounding on the door, I covered my mouth. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I kicked my bag under the bed and slowly walked over to the door, shaking. I opened the door just to get punched in the nose. Again. It just healed slightly and he broke it in less than a second. I didn't scream, I couldn't. He lifted me up by my shirt and punched me in the stomach, he dropped me. I fell to the ground coughing, curling up into a ball and covering my head. This has happened so many times I know what comes next.

TW: CIGARETTE BURN, YELLING, FIGHTING

I thought he would start kicking me again, but he didn't, he just sat down by me, "Hey. Look at me." I managed to sit up and look at him, he had a lit cigarette in his mouth. I managed to croak out "What?" He carefully moved my hair out of my face, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, "You wanna know something, Ry?" I hesitated for a moment but nodded "You're a dumbass." He pressed the cigarette into my forehead as hard as possible, making me scream out in pain. He took it off my forehead and put it back in his mouth, slapping me and walking to his room downstairs.

I heard the quiet creak of a door opening, quiet footsteps, and felt someone lift me up. It was Jason, I hugged him tightly, "He didn't hurt you, did he?" I looked at him "No..no, I'm alright. Are you alright?" I was obviously not but I don't need him worrying about me, "That's not impo-" "Ryland. You said that last time when he broke your wrist." I sighed. He got me there. I sat down on my bed sighing, "Everything hurts." He nodded, pulling a first aid kit out from underneath my bed "Why's your bag under there?" He said, dealing with my wounds. I didn't answer. He looked at me "Ry?" "I was by the bridge again" he nodded, going back to what he was doing before. He sighed, sitting by me "I can sleep on the floor in here tonight if you want" "No. Please don't, I'm going back to the bridge. If Ray sees that both of us are gone it's not just me he'll beat up." He nodded, a look of hurt on his face. Damnit I made him sad "Maybe when I come back, kay?" He nodded, getting up "See ya later maybe" I smiled slightly "See ya later maybe." He went back to his room. I grabbed my bag and put the rest of my stuff in there, the rest of my notebooks, pens and pencils, my radio, some money I put in a jar, and some other shit. I opened one of the notebooks and started writing.

Raymond,
Fuck you. I fucking hate your guts and I hope you rot in hell. I'm fed up with your shit, I'm tired of being afraid to come home. I hate you. I hate you.

P.S, I hate you.

Jason,
I left one of my pocket knives under my pillow, if Raymond tried "teaching you a lesson" PLEASE try to fight back, do what I shouldn've done. You're gonna hate me for leaving but I can't handle it here anymore. I'm sorry, I really am. I left some money under my pillow as well. I wish you the best, I honestly do.

P.S, from the bottom of my awful heart, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

I ripped out the notes, I set Raymond's note on the table in front of the couch. I quietly walked into Jason's room and set his nose next to him. I messed up his hair before going back to my room and grabbing my bag. I snuck out once I heard a loud snore come from both Raymond and Jason's room.

______________________________________

*evil laughter*
2019 was three years ago.
*more evil laughter because of angst I have planned*
-me