Chapter 31

~Rylan's POV~
I sat up, looking around confused. Where was I? It was dark, really dark. I couldn't even see my own hands. Then I looked over at a small flame that appeared next to me. I reached over to touch it, it quickly moved away from me, spreading around the area. Suddenly, the small flame became a giant wall of raging fire. I backed away, scared.

Then someone walked out of the fire.

"Hey, Ry."

I stared at the figure, "J...Jason?"
The figure scoffed, "You wish. It's Raymond." I sighed. He sat in front of me, flames were all over his back and shoulders. Parts of his clothes were completely charred, and he was covered in burns.

"Where are we, why am I here?" He shrugged, "I dunno, your head I guess. I just wanted to say one thing, because that's all I have time to say." He grabbed my shoulders, it burned.

"Don't beat yourself up for still being upset over losing Jason. I know I gave you hell for being upset over mom and dad, and I'm sorry for that. But you shouldn't beat yourself up for feeling feelings, it doesn't mean you're weak. I don't want you to turn out like me. Promise me that you'll stop beating yourself up over this." I nodded, he let go of my shoulders. I watched as he backed away into the fire.

I reached out to him and tried saying something, but I was pulled into the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up gasping. I was sweating, and it felt like something burnt both of my shoulders.

"Woah, Ry, you okay?" I looked over, Dave and Kurt were standing next to me. Dave sat by me, "What's wrong?" I shook my head, "Nothing, nothing. I'm alright Dave, honest." I smiled at them. They looked at each other and shrugged.

Dave got up and wrapped his arm around Kurt, "Rowan and Krist are grabbing breakfast, we were planning on going to the mall, wanna come with?" I shrugged "Sure, beats being alone." Kurt helped me up and we walked to the mall.

We went to a guitar shop, it had more than guitars but I've always called them guitar shops. Kurt and I looked at guitars, Dave looked at the drums. I sat down on a stool, playing one of the guitars, quietly singing the lyrics to one of my songs.

"Hey that sounds awesome!" I looked over at Dave, who was walking over to us "Is that one of your songs?" I nodded. Kurt smiled proudly, kissing Dave's cheek "I've taught him well." Dave chuckled, "No, I've taught him well!" I sighed, smiling. I got up and put the guitar back, "You both have taught me well, and so has Krist." Dave huffed, "Fine" I laughed.

We were walking back to the bus, we didn't buy anything from the mall. We talked about random things, "You guys are kinda like my parents" they looked at me, "Really?" I nodded, "You act the same way they did." "Did?" "They passed away when I was 14." They looked at each other, then back at me.

"Well me, Dave, and Krist, are your parents now!" I stared at them, "Wait, really?" They nodded "We'll act as your parents, we're basically guardians I guess" Dave said. I hugged them tightly, crying happy tears.

______________________________________

hi
-me