Chapter 21

~Rowan's POV~
I was walking down to the bridge hoping Rylan would be there, I had two things to tell him about. I was excited.

"Rowan are we there yet?"

"Not yet Ruby, just a few more minutes"

"My legs hurt!"

"I don't care."

"Rude."

"Yep."

I met Ruby at the club the other night, we're friends now, she also asked me about Rylan.

"Who was that guy you were with? Is he your bandmate?"

"Yeah, that's Rylan. We've been friends since we were kids."

"Why do you guys always have a different drummer?"

"Because we don't have a drummer."

"Can I be the band's drummer?"

"Ask Rylan."

I kicked a rock into the river and sat down sighing, Ruby sat next to me. I pushed her away, "That's Rylan's spot" she nodded, I hummed. She threw rocks into the river, I laughed "You trying to make em skip?" She nodded, I skipped a couple rocks.

Why was I being kinda mean to her? I dunno. Just kinda felt like it, y'know? I bent down to grab a couple rocks, I looked up when I heard Rylan

"Life, it seems, will fade away
Drifting further, every day
Getting lost within myself
Nothing matters, no one else"

I ran over and moved hanging tree branches out of the way, "Come on in!" I smiled, he chuckled "So you live here now?" I laughed "No, no, we were waiting for you" "We?" "Yeah, there's someone I want you to meet!" I dragged him into our little hang out area, "Rylan, Ruby, Ruby, Rylan" Rylan stared at Ruby for a moment before looking at me "You got a girlfriend now?" I heard Ruby laugh. I shook my head blushing, "Dude I just met her, no!" He Pat my back smiling "Secret's safe with me." I punched his shoulder, he laughed more.

"Hey" Ruby said
"Sup." Rylan sat down, throwing a couple rocks at the water.
"She's wondering if she can be our drummer." I said, sitting next to him
"Hm. Well do you have any experience?"
"Um..well..no.."

Rylan facepalmed. I sighed.

______________________________________

CREDIT TO MeganMichels323 FOR RUBY
-me