Chapter 18

TW: MENTIONS OF A BODY

~Third person~
The events after were mostly a blur for everyone, the paramedics checked everyone for injuries, while firefighters put out the blaze and went in to investigate what caused the fire. Nobody had any serious injuries, the worst injury was just a slight burn on Rylan's face, but that would fade after a few days. But those were minor physical injuries. Mentally, they were all fucked up. They all saw a burning body, Rylan lost his brothers, he lost his home.

Rylan didn't wanna cry, he wanted to scream and yell, he wanted to smash things into a million tiny pieces and then stomp on those tiny pieces. He was angry. He was angry at himself. One of the paramedics was asking him questions, he just stared off into space. Someone shook him gently, he was brought back down to earth and answered the questions as best he could.

He saw more paramedics wheeling something over to the house and picking something up, he turned his head to look but someone stopped him, "Don't look" they said. All he could remember next was everything going black, he passed out.

~Hours later~

Kurt had found his car and drove all of them back to the hotel, all of Rylan's stuff survived because it was all in his bag. Nothing in the house survived. Once they got into the hotel, Dave made Rylan lay down on one of the beds, "Just try to sleep, okay?" Rylan wanted to protest but his body ached, he was so tired. He slept.

Rowan burst in, just to be shushed. He nodded slightly seeing Rylan asleep, "I heard about what happend. Are you guys okay?" Krist nodded "Yeah, we're fine physically. Mentally not so much." Rowan nodded, "Yikes. Did Raymond or Jason survive?" The grim looks on all of their faces was enough of an answer for Rowan.

"How's he handling it..?" He asked "Not good. Not good at all." Kurt said sighing "Did they tell you what caused it?" Dave sighed "You should be a detective with how many questions you've been asking. They determined that it was a cigarette that Raymond tossed out, but it was still lit." Rowan nodded once more, before saying his goodbyes and leaving.

Dave leaned against Kurt sighing, "Everything hurts" he whined, "Same here" he laid down on the other bed and held Dave close, falling asleep. Dave slept. Krist, decided to sleep on one of the chairs.

______________________________________

angst is fun
-me