Chapter 9

~Rylan's POV~
I threw on a random hoodie and a pair of jeans, shoving a bunch of my clothes, my notebook and pencils, and some other junk into a duffle bag I stole from someone. I tossed it over my shoulder and grabbed my acoustic guitar, I jumped onto the one roof bit (I have no idea what it's called) and made the small jump to the tree nearby. I climbed down and started walking to the bridge.

The bridge is a place I hang out at to get away from everything, I just sit down underneath the bridge and play guitar and sleep, I've even written a couple of songs. But Rowan says the songs suck, something seems off with him. As I got closer to the bridge I heard people's voices, they were talking and laughing. I recognized them, Kurt, Krist, Dave, and Rowan. I sighed rubbing my good eye. I just wanna be alone right now, why can't I have that? I ducked under a couple overgrown trees and sat down on a rock, leaning against the wall of the bridge. I forgot my fucking cigarettes. Damnit. I grabbed my notebook and one of the pencils, strumming my guitar and humming. Occasionally I wrote some lyrics down, were they any good? I honestly don't know at this point. I leaned back sighing, replaying the entire day in my mind, how'd it go from us panicking about a drummer to having fucking Dave Grohl as our drummer, and then meeting Kurt AND Krist, and then me running home and getting beat up. I tensed up hearing the voices pause, then I heard footsteps coming towards where I was at. I wanna be alone, please just leave me alone..

I looked over just to see Dave looking back at me, I waved "Hey.." I said quietly, Dave waved back smiling "Hey! What're you doing down here alone? We're up on the grass throwing around a frisbee!" I shrugged "I just felt like being alone for a bit, didn't wanna bother you guys." I looked at the river that separated the two sides of the lower area of the bridge. Dave sat by me, I looked away so he wouldn't see the cuts and bruises.
"Whatcha writing?" He pointed at my notebook "Another song." I mumbled, he nodded "Rowan said you guys have only wrote one song" "Yeah well that's because he hates every song I write so he's gotta make as many changes as he sees fit!" I said, irritated.

I guess he noticed something was up because the next thing he said was "Hey, you okay..?" There was silence "Mhm" I said, Dave turned my head to looked at him, he gasped quietly and frowned "What happened to you?" I moved away from him setting my guitar on my bag "Nothing." He put his hands on his hips "Don't lie, I know something's wrong. Who hurt you?" I sighed "Nobody. I fell." "Mmmmhmm." I sighed again "Okay fine it was just my older brother, no big deal." Dave gasped "Wait, your brother? Why would he do that?" I explained our whole situation.

After I was done he didn't say anything, he just hugged me. Damnit I tried my best not to start crying like a baby but I couldn't help it, I hugged back crying. I've already cried when I was hugged, why am I doing it again?

Why am I like this..?