Chapter 3

~Rylan's POV~
I quickly turned the steering wheel, drifting into some parking spots, I took up about two or three, but who cares? I opened the door and fell out of the car, grabbing my stuff and running into the club. The energy from the energy drinks mixed with my excitement made me way too energetic. Rowan walked in somehow carrying both our amps, I was setting the other stuff down. After we set our stuff in our own little area, we sat down at a table and ordered some drinks. I checked the time "SHIT!" I lowered my head when I saw people give me weird looks "What's up?" Rowan asked, looking up from a magazine he was reading "Check the time. We're up soon and we haven't found a drummer for tonight!" Rowan dropped the magazine "Fuck." He muttered under his breath.

I got up and went outside to smoke, it helps me clear my head. I pulled out a cigarette and reached in my pocket for my lighter, I didn't fucking have it. Great. I glanced over and saw some girl smoking "Hey." I said, she looked at me "Got a light?" I asked, she nodded, handing me her lighter.
I lit the cigarette and took a long drag, sighing, watching the smoke rise up in the air "Thanks" I tossed the lighter back over to her. I went back inside after a bit.

Rowan ran over to me, grinning from ear-to-ear "Dude dude dude!! Guess what!!" I looked up at him "What?" "Look at who's playing right now!" I listened to the music instead of tuning it out, I recognized this song.

"Adolescent resident
Wasting another night on planning my revenge

One in ten
One in ten
One in ten

Don't wanna be your monkey wrench
One more indecent accident
I'd rather leave than suffer this
I'll never be your monkey wrench"

My jaw dropped, I looked over at Rowan, "FOO FIGHTERS!" we said at the same time. This wasn't some shitty cover of Monkey Wrench, this was the real fucking deal. Which was totally bizarre because nobody famous comes to this small ass town. We ran over to the stage area and shoved our way to the front of the crowd, watching the band play, dancing to the music. I swear I was worried about something about my band, but I can't remember what it was.

This is sorta off topic and kinda weird but I've always been told I look similar to Dave, people even joked around saying I was secretly his kid, which wouldn't make any kind of sense because he would've been super fucking young around the time I was born (May 26th, 1979). It wouldn't make sense for any of them to be my dad. Why are people so weird? I look similar to some guys from bands I like and boom, people think I'm their son.

I stopped thinking for a moment and looked up at the band, Dave was giving me a weird look, but when he noticed me staring he replaced that look with a friendly smile, which I returned. He crouched down so he could talk to me, since it was a break in between songs "You guys wanna come up here?" I looked over at Rowan, who was nodding excitedly. I nodded and he helped us onto the stage, what's confusing to me about this is, why us? Why would he choose two highschoolers who are total fucking losers? We don't mean anything, there's nothing to our names. Why us?

"I heard you guys playing the past couple of nights, you guys sounded great!" He said happily
"Oh, uh, thanks." I mumbled, smiling a bit, on the inside I feel excited as FUCK! Dave-motherfucking-Grohl was here before and he's heard us play!!
They started playing the next song, occasionally Dave would pass the mic to one of us so we could sing, I screamed the lyrics like I do for almost any song I sing.

~After Foo Fighters play~

Rowan and I sat down by our stuff, making sure everything was tuned "God fucking damnit!" I cursed to myself, Rowan looked at me "Just nervous, stage fright I guess." Rowan nodded "Don't worry, I'm nervous too. Also did you ever find a drummer?" I didn't reply, he sighed "Rylan, we're about to go on and you haven't found a fucking drummer?!" "Don't yell at me, dickhead! You should've been looking too!" I glared at him.

______________________________________

hi
-me