Chapter 13

~A couple months later~

~Rylan's POV~
My eyes slowly opened as I woke up, my back ached. I've been living underneath the bridge for a couple months now, sleeping on concrete makes my back hurt but it's nothing compared to the pain Raymond causes. Kurt, Dave, and Krist told Rowan and I that they'd be staying here. They like the town and decided they wanna live here, the stuff at their houses are being sent here.

I slowly sat up and grabbed my stuff, walking to Rowan's house, I knocked on the door, I was greeted by his mom "Hi miss" I smiled, she smiled "Hello, Rowan's upstairs right now. I'm about to make lunch, do you want anything?" I shook my head "No, thank you though" She nodded, I went upstairs to Rowan's room.

I went in his room, "Sup, loser" I sat on the floor and laid down "Hey. What's up?" He sat up on his bed "Nothing, just got bored." He nodded "How's Jason?" I froze "Oh, umm..He's fine." I lied, he believed it "That's good" there was an awkward silence. Why did things have to be so awkward now? I sat up, "So uh, write any songs recently?" He shrugged, I nodded, "Find any new music or..?" "Rylan, where did you go, dude? You disappeared for months and now you barge in here and act like you didn't just disappear for months!" I sighed "Rowan I have my reasons, I'd prefer to not tell you." He scoffed "You'd always tell me everything, what happened?" He looked at me, he had an angry expression on his face but his eyes were just...sad. I felt awful for disappearing without saying anything but I told him I don't wanna tell him "I said I don't wanna tell you, just drop it, please." He rolled his eyes "Whatever." I sighed, getting up. I grabbed my stuff and left his room, I said bye to his mom, took some of the cookies she offered me, and left.

I walked to the hotel Kurt, Krist, and Dave were staying at, I got to the hotel and looked at my reflection in a puddle of water. Most of the cuts on my face have healed, some scarred. The bruises were completely gone. That fucking cigarette burn still hasn't fucking healed completely yet. I moved my hair to cover the burn. I went to their room and knocked, "Nobody's home!" I heard Dave yell "Pizza guy" I joked. The door opened "Hi." I said, looking up at Krist. He's tall as fuck. Krist smiled "Hey" I heard Kurt and Dave say "Hey!" Then they yelled jinx, and then kept yelling it. I shook my head laughing, "Girls, girls. I'll get you both a soda before you rip eachother's balls off." I grabbed two bottles of soda and tossed it to them. I sat on the floor, wincing because of my back. I just hope things aren't awkward here.

"We haven't see you for a couple months, how have things been?" Dave asked, they were all looking at me waiting for an answer. I shrugged, "It's been alright." They looked at each other for a couple seconds and then looked at me. Oh boy, I know where this is heading. If this turns into a therapy session I'm gonna fucking Scream.

______________________________________

hi
find the reference, get a cookie from Rowan's mom
-me