𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

ꨄ♡ꨄ'Stop your cryingBaby, it'll be alrightThey told me that the end is nearWe gotta get away from hereWe never learn, we been here beforeWhy are we always stuck and running fromThe bullets?We never learn, we been here beforeWhy are we always stuck...

ꨄ♡ꨄ
'Stop your crying
Baby, it'll be alright
They told me that the end is near
We gotta get away from here
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
We never learn, we been here before
Why are we always stuck and running from
The bullets?
We don't talk enough
We should open up
Before it's all too much
Will we ever learn?
We've been here before
It's just what we know'
Sign Of The Times~Harry Styles.
ꨄ♡ꨄ

Everything was echoey and the girl couldn't concentrate on what everyone was saying, it all mushing together into one echoey mess. She felt someone softly nudge her shoulder. Her eyes found Mi-Jin's worried ones and she felt Suhyeok's hold on her drop.

"Remember what you told me?" Mi-Jin whispered to the girl. "Do not let your emotions be the reason you die. Cry about it later, right now we need to make it out alive."

She hesitantly nodded and felt On-Jo wrap her hands around hers, pulling her along with her as she followed the others. She felt guilty, knowing how close the two were and how badly it must've affected her. Everyone was worrying how she felt but nobody had asked On-Jo how it affected her.

Even when they ran out of the building she could still hear all the broken promises ringing in her ears. Each step she took it only reminded her of what she was leaving and how after all this time, after all these days of avoiding all her feelings, she realised something.

She was in love with an idiot.

Her legs carried her while her mind wondered. She didn't know where they were going or if they'd make it out alive but she didn't care anymore.

     Nothing mattered, she wouldn't die.

     She couldn't die anymore.

     She'd just have to sit and watch everyone she loved die instead.

ꨄ♡ꨄ

Somewhere in a forest, the group watched as fire flooded their vision. Everywhere they looked something blew up and mud and rocks and sticks flew towards them. On-Jo grabbed the girl beside her and pulled her to the ground beside her, keeping her arms tightly around her.

They stayed like that for ages, hesitantly looking up to check that it was okay to get up. Sa-Na's eyes widened as she watched in horror at the fire spreading throughout the city. Some part of her hoped he'd gotten out, he'd be right behind them laughing at their worried looks.

     Yet he never did.

     She sat and watched the sun rise, waiting and waiting. At some point On-Jo had sat beside her, also waiting for him to come. When Suhyeok had asked if they should leave she declined and told him she needed to do something, On-Jo agreeing with her and the two left the group, heading back where they came from.

     Their legs carried them through the woods, unaware of Suhyeok and Nam-Ra following the two. They continued walking towards the burnt construction site, walking up the burnt stairs and into the destroyed rubble. On-Jo went to look on one side while Sa-Na took the other. Suhyeok and Nam-Ra carefully watched from afar, knowing how the two acted when their emotions were high.

     "Hey, Cheong-San." On-Jo called out. "You're not just going to leave after all that, right? You're going to tell Sa-Na you were joking about it and just wanted to scare her, to scare everyone." She paused, biting her lip. "You got us, we were fooled!" She waited for anything and Sa-Na kicked the dirt beside her. "Cheong-San, you're such a jerk, stop hiding!"

     At this point she couldn't keep herself calm and she began to cry, Nam-Ra slowly approaching her while Suhyeok went to find where Sa-Na had ran off to. He found her crouched down and picking up pieces of rocks, looking for something. He crouched down beside her and grabbed her hands, stopping her from looking.

      "Come on, Sa-Na, let's say goodbye to Cheong-San and go." He whispered, pulling the girl into his chest as she shook her head, trying to pull him off her.

     "No, no, he's here. I know he is. Maybe he's under here, stuck, alone." She mumbled, her body going weak as she fell into his hold. "He wouldn't just leave like this. He promised me he wouldn't sacrifice himself. Why didn't he listen?"

     The boy remained silent and held her tightly, allowing her to cry in his arms.

ꨄ♡ꨄ

     In the rubble of the already broken construction sight, the name tag that read 'Choi Sa-Na' laid among the corpses and dust that surrounded the small room. It was held tightly in a pale hand, a fresh layer of dust surrounding it. It seemed like there was no hope or any sign of life present in the room until the hand moved.

     It moved so fast that it ended faster than someone could blink. Any hope continued to vanish and when it seemed like all hope was fully gone it moved again, this time the body pulled itself up, shaking the dust off itself and wrapping its hands tightly around the name tag.

     His hand went up to his eye, feeling the dried blood when his hand made contact with his face. He dropped his hand and looked down at his surroundings, noticing he was laid in a pile of corpses. A grimace was heard as he moved away, stepping out of the room and looking around.

     He followed new footprints up the burnt stairs and followed two pairs of footsteps into a small room. He looked around for a moment, pausing as he looked down at his feet, noticing a small heart drawn into the dust. Inside the heart it read 'Sa-Na + Cheong-San' and beside the boys name a small smiley face was drawn.

      A smile made its way onto his own face as he left the room, heading out of the building and into the forest. He didn't have a destination in mind but he knew he had to reach her, no matter how long it took.

ꨄ♡ꨄ
Words~1070.
{edited:no}

Note: short chapter but surpiseeeeee, he's not dead! Your welcome, I was feeling surprisingly nice today :)