MCOUNTDOWN

"Today is the day guys!" I grin at the vlogging camera at the back of the car. "We are on our way to my first performance on MCountdown and I am so excited!"
"Yeah, she hasn't shut up about it all day," My bodyguard, Nari, mutters.
"You can't say anything – you've been talking about seeing ATEEZ all day."

She starts blushing.

"Anyway," I say, trying not to laugh. "We're just getting back from a photoshoot with – drum roll please," The staff in the front seats start thumping on the dashboard. "Louis Vuitton!"

Everyone applauds.

"I was so surprised when PSY told me about it as well. I knew I'd get sponsored by someone, but I think a designer brand as my first is pretty impressive. I am now an official ambassador. They were so nice to me – I got a bunch of gifts from them, and the photoshoot turned out great!"

~ YOUR GIFTS ~

"Which one was your favourite?" My manager, Sung-ho asks

"You'll laugh at me."
"Don't tell me it's the slippers," Nari groans.
"They're fluffy!"

Everyone in the car laughs, when suddenly, the car lurches to a stop and my stomach drops.

"What was that?" I ask, craning my neck to look out the windscreen. There, on the road ahead of me, are miles upon miles of cars, and it doesn't look like it's going to start moving any time soon.

"We're not going to make it, are we?"

After a minute of thought, I take a deep breath and get out of the car.

"What are you-"

I open the boot.

"You're running, aren't you?" Sung-ho sighs, getting out of the car.
"You got any trainers?"

He sighs, and after a moment of contemplation, he pulls the ones off his feet.

"You'll have to stuff them, but they'll do."

I smile. There's no way I'm being late.

***

Sprinting down the side of the road, vlogging camera held up to my face, I check my phone to see I only have five miles left.

"So," I puff, talking to the camera. "You're probably wondering, why the hell is she running thirteen miles just to get to some stupid performance? Well," I gasp, taking another breath. "Here's some K-pop trivia for you. If you're late to one music show, you're banned from them all, so there's no way I'm being late to my first one. No chance at all."

***

I'm on the final stretch of the run, the building in view, and I'm soaked in sweat, completely out of breath, the only feeling in my legs a strong burn. I spot some of my staff at the entrance, anxiously scanning the crowd, when finally, their eyes lock on me, along with the rest of my fans.