NCT

After the recording, my stylists rush me into this:

And Mateo and I get into a car to SM Entertainment.

TEN-LEE

I'm omw now x

Great
Most of the guys r on schedule so it's me Jaehyun and Taeyong
Is that okay?

Yeah ofc
I've brought Mateo so dw about a camera

Cool
We're in practise room 27

See ya soon

See ya

"You excited?" Mateo asks from the driver's seat.
"Is that even a question," I laugh. He rolls his eyes. 

I didn't think to wear a face mask so as soon as I walk into the building, all eyes are on me

I didn't think to wear a face mask so as soon as I walk into the building, all eyes are on me. I smile awkwardly, bowing as I walk past.

"Excuse me?" I say to the receptionist. "Do you think you could help me find practice room 27?"
"O-of course," He smiles, clearly a little flustered. "If you could follow me."

He leads me through a complex set of corridors, waving to trainees as he goes.

"Is there some sort of super-secret collaboration I should know about?" He asks.
"No, I'm just meeting up with some friends."
"Well, nothing too scandalous please," He laughs, stopping in front of a door. I try not to roll my eyes.
"Thank you so much. Have a lovely day."

Mateo's camera starts rolling as we walk in, and as soon as I see them, I can't help but smile.

~TEN IS THE CENTRE~

"Wah!" I applaud. "That was incredible!"
"Thank you," Ten laughs.
"So," Jaehyun smiles, putting his arm around my shoulders. "Are you ready to hear the plans for today?"
"Of course," I smile, trying not to blush.
"Well, we haven't had lunch yet, so we figure we'd grab some food, do some shopping, maybe visit a marketplace-"
"And then meet up with Johnny and Mark for some late-night basketball," Ten finishes.
"Sounds perfect," I smile.

***

"So, Zee," Ten says

"So, Zee," Ten says. "Who's your bias in NCT."

I roll my eyes.

"You're just trying to get me in trouble."
"Exactly," He laughs.
"Your leader," I smile, refusing to look at Taeyong. "And YangYang."
"YangYang!" Ten exclaims. "I'm way better than YangYang."

Jaehyun bursts out laughing.

"Look at Taeyong, looking all smug."

I look at him and he has a huge grin on his face. I smile back.

"Zee, I feel like you should know, Taeyong is a massive fan of yours," Jaehyun says, putting food on my plate.
"Really?"
"Um, yeah," Taeyong blushes.
"What's your favourite song?"
"Definitely Meow."
"I thought you'd say that," I laugh.
"Well, how about you," Ten says, nudging me. "Favourite 127 song?"
"Regular," I say without hesitation. "The English version, but Simon Says is a close second."
"Nice," Jaehyun smiles.

After an hour or two of wandering around a market, Jaehyun and I break off from the group and head to the record store

"You got a player?" He asks, awkwardly.
"Yeah," I smile. "A debut gift from Twice believe it or not."
"You say it so casually," He laughs.
"I mean, I could talk about the signed record from Beyonce but..."
"K, now that's a story I have to hear," He grins, holding the door open to the store.

***

"So, you're telling me, that Beyonce, THE Beyonce, sent you a free, signed, limited edition record, all because, she's a fan?!"
"Yup," I grin smugly.
"Damn girl," He laughs. "You really are famous."
"Was there any doubt?" I joke, flicking my hair.

But just as he rolls his eyes, I spot just above his shoulder, the 2012 EXID vinyl of my dreams.

"No way!" I squeal, bounding over to it and pulling it off the shelf. Perfect condition too.
"You're an EXID fan?" Jaehyun asks.
"How could I not be?" I laugh.
"You want it?" He asks. I nod – I'm so glad I thought to bring my purse with me today. Suddenly, he takes the album from my hand and a Bruno Mars album from the shelf beside him, before walking up to the counter.
"Wh-what are you doing?" I ask, hurrying behind him.
"Getting it for you," He says, smiling at the cashier.
"But I have the money."
"Doesn't mean I can't buy it for you."
"I-"
"Seriously," He smiles, giving me a one-armed hug. "My treat." I smile and give in.
"Thanks."