MEN ON A MISSION_PART 1

The next morning, my manager comes in and wakes me up. With a grim face, he shows me his tablet.

I scroll down to find a sneaky picture of Kevin kissing the top of my head displayed in an article

"So I think-"
"Ask PSY to tell MCountdown to have a word with their staff about taking out of context photos," I being. "If it comes down to it, remind them that I am a minor, so they shouldn't be taking pictures of me without my consent. And don't bother addressing it – I get the feeling this is going to happen a lot."

I hand the tablet back and smile.

"Zee," He sighs, perching himself on the edge of my bed. "I suggest you start putting more thought in talking to male idols."

I burst out laughing.

"There's no way I'm changing how I act because fans can't stand the idea of idols having social lives. And nothing's going on, so what's the point?"

He examines My face and smiles.

"Well, you better get a move on. You need to be on set in an hour."

***

After a quick makeup touch-up, I await my cue in the wings

After a quick makeup touch-up, I await my cue in the wings. Finally, the cameraman gives me the signal.

I walk down the hallway, my rucksack slung over my shoulder, before kicking the door open, and posing.

"Annyeong!" I say cutely, before rapidly cringing at myself and bursting into laughter – the hosts join in. I run to the desk and put my bag down.

"Please introduce yourself," Ho-dong smiles. I turn to the camera.

"Hello, I'm ZeeZee, PNation's newest soloist!"
"And how old are you?" Heechul asks.
"Seventeen," I smile. The hosts gasp.
"Sixteen and you're already so famous."

I blush slightly.

"Now ZeeZee," Ho-dong begins. "You've received lots of attention since the very beginning of your trainee days, so how does it feel to finally debut?"
"It's the best thing that's ever happened, honestly! At one point I didn't think I was gonna get here, but I'm so glad I waited that little bit longer, because look where I am now."
"The most famous soloist in K-pop, battling it out with the most famous groups in the world," Hae-chul smiles. Now I really am blushing.

"Well," Ho-dong smiles, standing up. "We watched your interview with Eric Nam, and you might have dropped a few names... So please give a very warm welcome to today's guests!"

Everyone on set applauds, and my eyes widen as in walks Kai and Baekhyun from EXO, and none other than my biggest idol, Jessi!

I can feel my legs trembling.

Jessi runs over to give me a hug, and I freeze with nerves. She picks me up and spins me around, before putting me down.

"Hi boys!" She grins, keeping her arm around me. Kai and Baekhyun follow her laughing.
"So Zee," Ho-dong smiles. "You know who these idols are, right?"

I nod quickly, trying to avoid eye contact. Kai notices and bends down to meet my eyes – I blush.

"Wah, Kai," Sang-min laughs. "She's already in one scandal, you don't want to make it worse."
"Yah!" I shout. "It's not a scandal. It's me and my best friend having our conversation taken out of contact and blasted on the internet." They all turn to me in surprise. "And it's so stupid. I'm 17 and he's 21 – if we were dating, that would make him a pervert – so dispatch can shut up."

Silence.

And then everyone grins.

"Good on you," Jessi smiles, giving my shoulder a squeeze. I smile back

"Well, don't be shy," Ho-dong smiles. "Introduce yourselves."

"Hi!" Kai and Baekhyun smile in unison. "We are Kai and Baekhyun of EXO."
"And I'm Jessi! The nation's culture shock!"

I laugh.

"You'll have to excuse me for cutting in," Baekhyun smiles. "But Zee, I saw your Lean On Me performance at MCountdown, and honestly, I was in shock. How can such a small person have such a big voice?!"
"Thank you," I smile. "And I just want to say, a lot of people are accusing the MCountdown director of favouring my promotion period over Kevin's because I got an extra performance, but it wasn't planned, I-"
"Wait, so you didn't practise that?" Kai gasps.
"I did it in a school show a couple years ago. But anyway, what happened was that the votes stopped working, so they needed someone to stall until they fixed it, and I said I'd sing." I start laughing at the memory. "And it was so funny because, at the end, when I was improvising, I was waiting for the director to give me the thumbs up to stop. It was like 'Are we ready yet?' Nope. Another adlib. 'Done yet?' No. Another adlib."

Everyone laughs.

"Very professional of you," Jessi smiles.

"Well then," Ho-dong smiles. "Speaking of professionalism. People call ZeeZee the Queen of Impromptu performances, so we were wondering,"

I can already see where this is going.

"If we could get some performances from you?"

I laugh.

"Of course. Can I have a mic?"

A staff member hands one to you.

"Okay, so this is a rap I wrote a few days ago." I grab my phone and pull up the track, handing it to the sound crew. "I was a little bored on driving around on my schedule, and I had this old beat on my phone, so I thought I'd write something." The sound crew gives me the thumbs up.

Well, here goes nothing.

"Wah!" Jessi shouts as everyone claps. "You're so good, what the fuck?!"

I laugh and give her a hug.

"Zee, is it true you're a big fan of Jessi?" Ho-dong asks.
"Oh definitely! I absolutely love The Rebirth, and Kill Bill! In my opinion, one of the best collaborations to date."

She gives me another hug.

"I like this one," She grins. Everyone laughs.