SIXTEEN_PART 7

I make my way to JYP's office, still very confused as to why he would want to see me, especially on the day of the final. Trying to ignore the nerves in my stomach, I knock on the door.

"Come in."

I open the door and he gestures for me to take a seat.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. "Excited? Nervous?"
"Definitely a bit of both." The two of us laugh.
"Well, I have some good news and some bad news." My stomach lurches. "The good news is, you are by far the most talented trainee I've ever had, and you'd rank first today." I smile.
"Thank you."
"But the bad news is, you won't be in the final line-up." My stomach plummets.
"I thought you said-"
"Y/N, you are the best, but you must have seen the racial backlash."
"I try not to look at the comments," I lie.
"Well, good on you, but the problem is, having you in the group is going to reduce the chances of it getting anywhere, and it's my job as a CEO to make sure the group reaches its full potential." I take a deep, shaky breath.
"Why tell me this now? Why not let me find out at the final?"
"Because I thought you should know the reason why. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting."

I nod, letting a single tear fall.

"And Y/N, just a little tip: I'd start thinking about finding a new company."

I give him a weak smile before walking out, wiping the tears from my eyes – he doesn't deserve me, so I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of my sadness.