MEN ON A MISSION_PART 2

The hosts, Jessi, Kai and Baekhyun all take their seats in the classroom and I stand at the podium waiting to be quizzed.

"Zee, this is only your second interview, right?" Baekhyun asks.
"Yeah," I smile. "Did you watch the Eric Nam one?"

Everyone but Ho-dong nods. I grin and take the red mallet, hitting him hard on the head.

"You enjoyed that, didn't you," He chuckles. I nod.
"Anyway, what did everyone think?"
"It was great actually," Kai laughs. "I was shocked about JYP tho."
"Yah!" Hae-chul laughs. "Be careful or we won't get any JYP idols on the show."

Everyone laughs.

"How about we get on with the interview," Jessi chuckles.
"Of course," Ho-dong grins.
"ZeeZee," this is going to be a rumour debunking interview."
"Ah, okay."
"Are you ready?"

I nod.

"Alright, first question. Is it true you can play every instrument in the world?"
"Um, no," I laugh. "But I can play quite a few. As a trainee, I learnt the basics on a couple instruments from each family, and I have perfect pitch, so give me about ten minutes with an instrument and I could probably play something."
"Wah, that's impressive."
"Thank you," I bow.
"And Jackson taught you guitar right?" Jessi asks. I nod.
"I still have him saved as guitar master in my phone."

"And, is it true you have the biggest vocal range in the world?"
"So, it hasn't been formally proven yet, but I have about the same range as Mariah Carey, but I don't think I'm Axl Roses level yet."
"So how big is your range?"
"Five octaves, give or take a semi-tone."
"Wah, that's huge!" Baekhyun exclaims.
"Thank you," I blush.

"So, as a foreigner, how do you find living in Korea?"
"Um, as a trainee, when I first moved, I was with my aunt, but after a month or so of being trainees, she moved back, that was when I started realising how bad it was here. I was really shocked when I found out foreigners – especially ones with darker skin tones – can't go certain places."
"Really?"
"Yeah, so, when I went out with my other trainee friends, I'd end up having to go back to the dorm because I wasn't allowed at the restaurants."
"Really?"
"Yeah, so, when I went out with other trainees, I'd end up having to go back to the dorm because I wasn't allowed in the restaurants."
"Clearly they weren't very good friends," Jessi says. I smile back.

"How did other trainees treat you?" Hae-chul asks.
"Well, if you remember, during my trainee days, three videos were released of me by JYP, and there were lots of comments about how my hair colour and texture changed after the first video."
"Ah, I remember that," Baekhyun replies.
"Yea, well, there was an incident. After my first two videos went viral, these two trainees got jealous and shaved my hair."

Everyone gasps.

"So I had to wear a wig afterwards."
"What bitches," Jessi mutters, crossing her arms.
"I wasn't expecting that," Kai muttered.

"But now," I say, quickly changing the subject. "I have to wear a disguise every time I go out." The other idols nod in agreement. "I have a huge collection of hats, masks, wigs – the lot."
"Have you been spotted before?"
"Yeah. There was this one time, me and my manager went to get boba, and I forgot to wear my mask. One of my fans spotted me and it turned into a fan meet," I laugh. "I think I must've signed at least a hundred autographs."
"Alright, no need to brag," Baekhyun jokes. Everyone laughs.