JIMMY FALLON

~ YOUR OUTFIT ~

"Today, we have a very special guest on our show

"Today, we have a very special guest on our show. She has dominated the charts worldwide, because the most famous singer worldwide, at the age of only seventeen, currently, on her world tour, please welcome, ZeeZee!"

There are loud cheers as I walk on stage. I wave and take a seat.

"Thank you so much for having me!" I smile.
"Of course," He grins. "You know, a lot of my staff were freaking out about today's interview."
"Really?"
"Yeah, apparently they're big fans."
"Aw, that's so sweet."
"I can't actually believe how unprofessional I'm being right now," He laughs. "But I've actually got some albums for you to sign, if you don't-"
"I'd love to," I smile.

He pulls out a small stack of albums and start signing them.

"Now, you've got the name of 'Record Queen', right?"

I laugh but nod.

"Yean so, I hold a lot of records In the K-pop-"
"And the pop-"
"And the pop industry: quickest mv to hit 100mil, to his 1 billion, most views in 24 hours, most award show wins."
"Wow."
"Thank you," I laugh.

"Another thing I have to talk about," He says I sign the last record. "Is how you're managed?"
"What do you mean?"
"It's said that you're the most independent idol ever."
"Oh," I smile. "Yes, so, I write and produce all of my own songs, direct and design almost every aspect of my music videos, and I also manage my sponsors, pick out and design my outfits, concepts – the list goes on."
"Do you think we could get your team out?"
"Um, yeah. Let me just check."

I run backstage and Sung-ho, Safia, Layla, Aiki and Mateo are already waiting – apparently this was pre-planned.

They walk back out with me and take a seat.

"So I thought we'd play a little game," Jimmy begins with a mischievous smile.
"Oh no," I laugh.
"Zee, I'd like you to put these headphones on while your team answers some questions."

Reluctantly, I put the headphones on.

"Sung-ho, if we could start with you."

My manager nods.

"Now, how much managing do you actually do, because Zee is so independent?"
"Not that much," Sung-ho chuckles sheepishly. "I'm more like her escort. I drive her around and tell her bodyguards what to do. The only manager-esque thing I really do is relay Zee's messages to her other staff."
"I see. And is she bossy?"
"I wouldn't say she's bossy. She just is the boss, because she knows a lot, knows what she's going and how to get it. I'm just here to keep her safe."

Jimmy smiles.

"Alright, Layla and Safia – you guys are her stylists. How does it work?"
"We pretty much get shown her sketches and stuff on Pinterest, and our challenge is to recreate them," They laugh.
"Does she ever let you take control?"
"Sometimes," Safia begins. "When she's really tired, yes," Layla finishes.

"And Aiki, you're her choreographer, right?"
"Supposed to be, yes," She laughs.
"What do you mean?"
"Ah, she's so annoying. I'll have all these plans for her choreography, but then she comes into the session with her own ideas and then I can't use mine because hers are so much better!"

Everyone dies laughing and I look at them in surprise.

"Now Mateo, you're ZeeZee's 24 hour camera man. What is the weirdest thing you've seen her do on camera?"
"The weirdest?" He laughs. Jimmy nods. Mateo gives me a cheeky look. "I mean, I'm pretty sure I've seen her pick her nose – nah I'm joking. Um, OH WAIT!"

Everyone jumps.

"She puts milk first in her cereal."
"NOOO!" Everyone shouts.
"Yes, all the time, without fail."
"I knew there was something weird about her," Jimmy laughs, and the cameras cut to the breaks.

***

"Wasn't that just brilliant folks?!" Jimmy shouts, walking on stage. "Please give it up for ZeeZee and SZA!"

There is more applause.

"Now, before we go, I have something to say," He says, giving me a one armed hug. "Following ZeeZee online, I've realised there are a lot of bad people in the world." He turns to me, tearing up slightly. "And I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but ZeeZee, you are the most impressive person I've met: to have such talent, to achieve so much, to deal with so much, at just seventeen, it's just incredible! You are the most amazing person I've ever met, and I can honestly say, as a forty-four-year-old man, I look up to you so much."

I tear up too and give him a hug.

"Please give it up one final time, for ZeeZee!"