MCOUNTDOWN

"So, we're getting ready for MCountdown," I say as Layla does my makeup. "And we're taking a bit of a risk with the performance today – we haven't changed anything about Get Into It (Yuh), so the song is still as culturally inappropriate as usual. Pretty sure I'll get called out on it but whatever."

My staff laugh.

"All done," Layla smiles.

~ YOUR OUTFIT ~

I give her an air kiss, before going over the choreography one last time

I give her an air kiss, before going over the choreography one last time. Someone knocks on the door.

I get up but one of the staff opens it revealing a sheepish-looking Yeonjun and Taehyun.

"Sorry to bother you, but is it possible to see ZeeZee?"
"Of-"

I step forward and wave with a smile – I just watched their debut a couple days ago and they were brilliant.

"Yeonjun and Taehyun, right?"
"Yes," Yeonjun smiles. The three of us step outside the dressing room.

"I uh, I have a question," Yeonjun smiles. "I'm older than you, but you're our senior... so should I use honorifics..."

I laugh.

"We can just speak casually."

There's an awkward silence and Yeonjun gives Taehyun a nudge.

"Oh, right," He laughs. "These are for you by the way." He hands you a bouquet of flowers and two gift boxes.
"We heard sunflowers were your favourite," Taehyun smiles.
"And well, the box..."
"We just wanted to get you something."

I open the boxes.

"Oh my gosh," I gasp

"Oh my gosh," I gasp. "These are gorgeous!"

I give them each a hug.

"Thank you so much."
"Of course," They smile.

A staff member opens the door to my dressing room and taps on their watch. I nod.

"Can I get a photo with you before I go?" I ask.
"I should really get going," Taehyun says awkwardly.
"Oh, no worries," I say, trying to hide my disappointment. Yeonjun grins.
"I got time."

***

***

Before my stage, I take a deep breath, and as always, pinch the skin of my left index finger before taking to the stage.

"And up next, is ZeeZee! With one of her latest songs, Brutal!"

The crowd cheers and I wink, giving a fluttery wave, before I head over to the MC's.

***

Today's MC's are ATEEZ Hongjoong and ITZY Lia, so I'm not nervous.

"Hello!" I smile.
"Hello!" Lia smiles back, giving you a high-five. "And I have to say, I spotted your ring today – gorgeous."
"Thank you," I smile. "It was a gift – the mic too actually."
"Really?"
"Yes, from TXT – met them for the first time today."

The two MC's nod.

"Well," Hongjoong begins. "You're stage presence today was next level!"
"Thank you," I smile. "Brutal is probably one of my favourite songs, so I think it shows."
"It really does," Hongjoong smiles.

And the camera pans back to the two MC's

***

As I wait for the results, my phone buzzes.

~ UNKNOWN NUMBER ~

Heyyyy
It's Taeyong
Got your number from Ten

Heyyy
I'm at MCountdown rn

Ik
I'm watching hahaha
Awesome performance btw

Thanks haha

But uh... fair warning
You and Yeonjun r already going viral

Ah well XD
Wouldn't be the first time

Btw I'm on JCC with you tomorrow

Ah kk
What r we doing

Johnny won't tell me haha

Awesome
Not scared at all

***

Finally, it's time for the results.

I walk on stage and smile, bowing to the other idols.

"And today's winner is... ZeeZee and Brutal!"

I jump as the confetti cannons go off and slip. Yeonjun catches me and holds me upright.

I walk to the front, laughing.

"Thank you so much! To all my fans! I did not think I would be winning today purely because this song was not at all something I've seen in K-pop before. So thank you so much for your support! I hope my music can make a path for other idols to make the kind of music they want to, not the music everyone expects from K-pop!"

The audience and the idols behind me cheer. As the idols walk off, I set the trophy down.

"Now, I know people have been complaining that a lot of my songs on my new album don't have choreography, so to please the haters, I give you... Bloodline!"

~ YOU'RE MOMO ~