Val Meets the Forgiveness Project

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Riley and Maya were still on the outs and it was all over the school. Whispers followed both girls the moment they entered and took separate paths to their lockers. Even more murmurs erupted when Val greeted Maya with a smile, nod, and pat on the shoulder.

Darby, Sarah, and Yogi knew their time had come. As the runners of the John Quincy Adams rumor mill, they went straight to the only person related to the Riley/Maya/Lucas/Val drama they knew would talk.

Isaiah "Zay" Babineaux.

Zay was enjoying a bucket of popcorn, watching the drama unfold when they cornered him.

"Sooo..." Sarah slid onto the bench next to him and swiped a handful of popcorn "Spill!"

"Hey!" Zay pouted at the loss of his snack "I'm not telling y'all anything, no, sir. I've learned my lesson."

Yogi brought out the puppy eyes "Please, Zay? We really want to know."

"Yeah, and we promise not to tell anyone. Right, guys?" Darby prodded her friends and they all nodded, hiding their crossed fingers behind their backs.

Zay hummed "All right, you've convinced me. Here's how it went down! Val and Lucas were at Topanga's and Riley pulled Lucas out of their date and tried to force him to go on a date with Maya. Annie almost killed her."

"Unsurprising." Sarah nodded.

"Then Val called Riley out, Riley tried to say it was what Maya wanted but Maya blew up and told her it wasn't what she wanted at all. She said a bunch of stuff about how she didn't recognize herself anymore, Riley always had to be on the side of Val not being happy, blah, blah, blah. I stopped listening. But Val eventually told Riley to leave and bought Maya a lemonade."

Sarah, Yogi, and Darby exchanged gleeful glances.

"Thanks, Zay!" Yogi shouted over his shoulder as they went off to spread the gossip.

***

"Did you hear? Riley tried to make Lucas date Maya again. Annie was really mad! But Maya actually stood up for herself against Riley."

"Huh? Never thought she'd do that."

"I know, right? Val was furious with Riley, but she didn't even have to do anything really! Maya spoke up, that's why they haven't made eye contact all morning. Apparently, Val was so proud she bought Maya lemonade."

"Aww, that was nice."

***

"Have you heard? Riley kidnapped Lucas in the middle of his and Val's date to try and force him to date Maya. It's a miracle Annie didn't kill her."

"God, I'd hate to be on her bad side."

"Yeah, 'cause you're not an idiot. Anyway, Maya told Riley off and brought Lucas back to Val. Then Val bought her lemonade."

"Because Val's the goddess we all aspire to be."

***

"Oh, my God! Did you hear what happened?"

"No? Tell me everything!"

"Riley kidnapped Lucas and tried to make him marry Maya! Annie tried to kill her! But Maya, of all people, stepped in and knocked Riley out so she and Lucas could get away! Then she brought Lucas back to Val! But Val bought her lemonade so they might be a thing now, I guess?"

"...I'm sorry? WHAT?!"

***

"Hey, did you hear Val dumped Lucas for Maya?"