Val Meets 1961

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

History class was boring for almost everyone. Cory Matthews was a great teacher but he got way to excited about boring things.

Today for example "The '60s, man. Influential musicians like Bob Dylan and Joan Baez playing guitars and singing like prophets. The times, they were a-changin'." Cory cheered.

Annie's head hit Val's hand as she fell asleep.

"The class, they are a-sleepin'." Farkle narrated.

"It's not your fault, Dad. It's just the stuff you're saying." Riley tried.

"I'm talking about the '60s, man." Cory cried incredulously.

"Nobody cares about when you were our age." Riley rolled her eyes.

Val let Annie's head hit the desk.

"OW!"

"Sorry Annie, but seriously, Riley?" Val's mouth was hanging open wide enough to catch flies.

"Riley, it was over 50 years ago. How old do you guys think I am?" Cory asked.

Lucas shrugged "There's no right answer to this, sir."

Maya pointed a finger at the twins' Dad "You should teach us future class, now give us something we could use."

"Listen, Dad, you're doing a wonderful job up there and we're very happy that you're all jazzed up-" Riley began.

"But history has nothing to do with us." Maya finished.

"I'm gonna snap this chalk now."

"Uh-oh." Lucas sighed.

"Snap." Cory snapped the chalk "What did you guys do yesterday?"

"I think I had grapes." Riley grinned.

"Do you know what yesterday was?" Cory asked.

"Grapes day." Riley exclaimed.

"It's history. Every decision you make every day, every time you decide to turn left instead of right, you make history and you affect someone else's. And if you refuse to learn that, I guarantee you, you guys will not become the best person you can be. Because history is all about missed opportunities."

"History has its eyes on you."(1) Val sang softly.

"'History has nothing to do with us,' wasn't it, Ms. Hart?" Cory ignored his daughters obsession.

"Can't remember, it was like five minutes ago." Maya groaned.

"Fine. I am not gonna teach you guys about the '60s." Cory conceded.

"Yay!" Everyone except Farkle, Val, and Annie said.

"You are."

"Yay!" Farkle and Val said together.

"History is alive even if you weren't. But now you're gonna be. You will visit the 1960s and give a report." Cory commanded.

"Time travel." Farkle's eyes got big and he looked slightly crazy.

"How do we do that, Dad? We weren't even there." Riley asked, confused.

"You were."

"How?" Riley asked.

"You all have grandparents or great-grandparents. Choose one who was around during that time. Learn all you can about them and report back. Then we'll see if history has nothing to do with us. Living history. Now I'm all jazzed up." Cory shook is hands rapidly.