Val Meets Gravity

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

"Who's ready for a brand new year?!" Topanga shouted, coming into Val's room.

Val was already up, dressed, and was brushing her hair "Morning, Mom." She greeted.

"Oh, you're already awake." Topanga said, disappointed "I always wake you girls up on the first day of school."

"If it makes you feel better, I bet Riley's still in bed." Val offered.

Topanga perked up "You're right! Wanna help me wake her up?"

"Nah, I better get started on breakfast." Val smiled "But have fun."

She pulled on her shoes and went downstairs.

"Morning, Dad." Val kissed her father's cheek "Morning, Auggie. Who's hungry?"

"I already ate, thanks, sweetie." Cory said "I better go help your mother wake your sister up."

He got up and headed to his second daughter's room.

"Well, how about you, Auggie? You hungry?"

"Yes, please!" Auggie cheered.

"What do you want?" Val smiled.

"Pancakes!"

"Coming right up." Val pulled out her batter that she'd made the night before "You want pancake art?"

"Give me smiley faces and stars please." Auggie said.

"You got it." Val made the pancakes and flipped them expertly onto Auggie's plate.

"Thanks, Val!" Auggie said with his mouth full.

"Hey, Val, you'd better get going if you wanna make it to school on time." Cory said, coming back downstairs.

"Okay, see you there, Dad." Val grabbed her backpack and flew out the door.

She knocked on Annie and Eric's apartment and Annie opened the door.

"Ahhhhhh!" Annie shrieked "We're in the eighth grade! No more bowing and scraping to the older kids. You know why? 'Cause we are the older kids now!"

"You do realize next year this is gonna start all over, right?"

"Let me have my moment." Annie pouted "Are you ready?"

"You know it."

The two girls linked arms and made their way to the subway.

"So is your Dad gonna be our teacher again?" Annie asked.

"He says not. But it seems like it happens every year." Val shrugged "I don't really mind, it's nice how he teaches about our lives."

"I heard Riley went on a date with Lucas." Annie said softly.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry."

"Why?" Val asked "I'm not. I told him to go out with her. They kissed, they had fun, we'll see where it goes from here."

"You told the boy who likes you to go out with your sister and they kissed?"

"Yes."

"Val!"

"What?" Val shrugged "It's not like I was gonna date him anytime soon. And who knows, maybe he will end up really liking Riley."

"You're crazy." Annie sighed.

"But you love me anyway."

"I do."