Val Meets Philadelphia

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Most of the votes were for a combination of 1 and 2 so here's what I'm gonna do. I'll do one or more chapters of Val's point of view and one or more chapters of Riley/Lucas'. Here's Val's first chapter!

Val stared out the window as her mother drove her to Philadelphia and her grandparents. She felt a tear trickle down her cheek and swiped it away angrily. Instead, Val pulled out her phone and looked at the text she'd gotten from Lucas.

'Val, Farkle told us you're leaving, I'm sorry. I should have stepped in sooner and stopped Riley. Can you please answer your phone? I really want to talk to you. Please be safe.'

Val sighed and closed her eyes, feeling more tears prick the corners of her eyes. Maybe she should call Lucas. But she was afraid if she talked about it any more she'd start crying and never stop.

"Val, honey?" Topanga said softly "How are you holding up?"

"I don't know." Val whispered "I feel sick."

"Do you need to stop?"

"No, keep going." Val shook her head "It'll go away."

"Don't ignore your feelings, Val." Topanga said "They're important. Ignoring them doesn't make them go away, it'll just make them worse."

"I know." Val nodded "I just need a little processing time."

"Okay." Topanga said softly, not wanting to push her daughter.

They drove on in silence until they reached Alan and Amy's house. Josh came out when they arrived and helped Val bring her stuff in. Together they carried her bags up to the guest bedroom and put them on the bed.

When they came back downstairs, Topanga was explaining what had happened to Alan and Amy.

"Oh, sweetheart." Amy said, tears filling her eyes as she wrapped Val in a tight hug "I'm sorry."

"We all knew this was coming. Riley and I had to have it out." Val sighed "Doesn't make it hurt any less though."

"I know." Grandpa Alan joined the hug "It's not fair."

***

Topanga left and Val joined her extended family for dinner.

"Come on, Val." Josh pleaded "Just eat a little bit more." He pushed the mashed potatoes towards her.

"I can't eat anymore, it was delicious though, thank you." Val slid the bowl back to him.

Her plate was barely half empty. Josh, Amy, and Alan all shared a concerned look.

"Okay, but if you get hungry later let us know and you can have whatever you want." Amy finally told her granddaughter.

"Thanks, Grandma." Val paused "May I be excused?"

"Of course, dear." Alan said "We can watch a movie tonight if you want."

"Maybe in a bit." Val said noncommittally "I think I just need to be alone for a while."

"Alright, call us if you need anything." Amy said.

"I will." Val promised.

She went upstairs to the guest bedroom and sat down on the bed. She pulled out her phone and  looked again at the text from Lucas. How he could be so understanding and sweet was amazing to her. But she didn't want him blaming himself, it wasn't his fault. Val had seen this day coming for a long time, she didn't know how or when it would happen, just that it would.

With a sigh, Val decided to text Lucas.

'Hey, Lucas, I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. I needed to get away from Riley and all the...'