Val Meets Communism

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Val and Riley had been picked to serve on John Quincy Adams Middle School's honor board. Lucas was stuck on it anyway as class president. This meant staying after school and listening to the endless disputes from their fellow students. Yogi and Darby were on the board too, but more often than not, they were too wrapped up in each other to really notice or care what was going on.

Val leaned her head on Lucas's shoulder "How much longer again?"

"Six more cases, then we're free." Lucas laughed "We're almost there."

Val started to hum "People 'round here think I'm crazy but I don't care." (1)

"You are crazy." Lucas poked his girlfriend's shoulder.

"Didn't you hear me? I don't care." Val nudged him back "Besides I'm the good kind of crazy. Spontaneously bursting into song crazy, not cooking people in pies crazy." (2)

Maybe they were the ones too wrapped up in each other to pay attention to what was going on because Cory coughed loudly to get their attention.

"John Quincy Adams Honor Board stands in session. Would you care to join us?" He asked.

"Or stay mellow doin' whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello?" (3)

Cory sighed "Sweetheart, please. I'm your ride home, I can't leave until we're done."

"Okay, okay." Val rolled her eyes "Next case?"

Lucas picked up the file "Case number 42 Isaiah Babineaux stands accused of boosting somebody's lunch."

Zay took a bite of his meatball sub "Prove it."

"You're eating the evidence." Val pointed out.

"This isn't fair, your Mom's a scary lawyer. You got her scary lawyer genes." Zay complained.

Cory rubbed his temples "You know, Zay, everybody else in your family seems so decent and kind."

"Oh, thank you, Mr. Teach. They say nice things about you too."

"So what happened to you?"

Zay shrugged "We're waiting on a lot of results."

"Punishment must serve a purpose." Cory declared "What do you guys think will teach Mr. Babineaux here a lesson?"

Val looked past Lucas at her sister "You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Oh yeah." Riley grinned.

She was slowly but surely winning back Val's trust. Even Maya had started talking to her again, albeit cautiously, about simple things, nothing like the deep emotional conversations they used to have. But Riley had hope that soon, everything would be back to normal.

"Cafeteria duty." The sisters decreed.

"I don't like it." Zay shook his head.

"Well, I like it." Riley grinned "You took everybody's lunch away and now you should give everybody their lunch."

"Yeah," Val nodded "and Geralyn is awesome. If anyone can straighten you out, it's her. Peel the potatoes, put them in the pot. The punishment fits the crime."

"I don't like it when you two agree." Zay crossed his arms "And I do give everybody their lunch."

Riley frowned "What?"

Lucas jumped in "He gives roast beefs to the PB&Js. He gives meatball subs to the baloneys."

"Hah?"