Val Meets Rah Rah

I don't own Girl Meets World!!! I'm skipping World of Terror 2 because I don't think it's necessary to this story.

Cory stuck his head around the doorframe into the kitchen where Val and Topanga were working on breakfast while Auggie sat at the table.

"You know what today is, don'tcha?" Cory asked anxiously.

"Oh, we know what today is." Topanga nodded, exchanging a glance with her eldest "How much do you dread this day?"

"This is the day I dread." Cory shook his head "Maybe the friend can save us."

"Mm, yeah, not likely." Val mumbled.

Her beliefs were confirmed when Maya stomped into the kitchen.

"Were you able to talk her out of it?" Topanga asked hopefully.

Maya snorted "No."

"Then what good are you, lady?" Auggie grumbled.

"I'm no good." Maya said, taking a seat at the table.

"Cheerleading tryouts are today!" Riley bounced into the kitchen wearing the uniform she'd taken after the tryouts last year and promptly missed the single step down and nearly fell "I have better control of my body now, and when my brain tells my arms and legs what to do, they try real hard now. This is gonna be my year, guys."

The Matthews and Maya all exchanged nervous looks.

Riley climbed up onto the couch "Give me a 'Q'! Give me a 'U'! Give me an I-N-C-YYY!" She tumbled off the back of the sofa with a shriek.

Val rubbed her temples and shared a desperate look with Auggie.

***

Val had gotten a place on the cheerleading squad last year, but had quit when she went to her grandparents, deciding it wasn't fair for her to keep her spot when she couldn't be at the practices. But, she decided to try out again this year, hopefully there would be less drama.

Samantha did a complex routine of flips and cartwheels on the mats, landing perfectly next to Riley and Maya.

"Great job, Samantha." Riley applauded.

"Thanks." Samantha gave Riley a high five as she passed.

"You're the best." Riley gushed but when Samantha was out of earshot turned to Maya "She's the worst one here."

"She's the worst?" Maya frowned.

Val stepped up to the mats and performed the same routine as Samantha, landing with her arms in the air and a grin on her face.

"Samantha's the one I gotta beat to make the team." Riley continued "I'm better than her, right?"

Val and Samantha kicked up into identical handstands and walked across the mats together.

"Explain to me what's the matter with you." Maya sighed.

"I'm for your entertainment pleasure." Riley spread her arms proudly.

"How many years you gonna do this to me?"

"What am I doing to you?" Riley asked, offended.

"Every year I have to tell you that you're good." Maya sighed "You know what? You're not good. You're not as good as Samantha. You're not as good as Heather. You're not as good as any girl with any name, or doesn't have a name, or doesn't exist, or is a rock."

"Well, I don't like that she doesn't have a name." Riley frowned "I would call her Roxie."

Maya looked like she wanted to say something but bit back the retort and instead said "Every year you try out. And every year, Coach Kelly tells you not to come back because she hates you."