Val Meets Flaws

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Cory stood up in front of his class "Graduation and awards night is coming up. I am very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year."

Maya stood up sharply "Awards are a scam! A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance."

"All right, I'll do it, but it's ridiculous." Riley stood up too "It's a scam, Matthews! She never had a chance!"

"Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally Cool Award." Cory told them.

Maya sat down as the class clapped politely for her.

"Maya, you just found out you won the Totally Cool Award, yet you just sit there?" Maya looked at Riley "Oh, you're being cool. Why won't you rub off on me?"

"Congratulations, Maya." Val said.

"And our two finalists for the Scholar Athlete Award are... Lucas Friar..." The class clapped "and Billy Ross." The class clapped again.

Billy leaned over to Lucas "I hope you're ready for some competition, dude."

"Oh, well, you know how I hate competition." Lucas smiled.

The two boys laughed, stopped abruptly and leaned in. Then backed up laughing again before repeating their glaring contest.

"Hey, Golden Boys, you wanna hop down from your cloud of awesomeness? You're making us normals feel bad." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Yeah. Right after our handshake of awesomeness." Billy and Lucas stood up and did a weird handshake that ended with them wiggling their bodies strangely.

"What?" Val asked, staring in confusion at the two boys as they sat down.

"Every day." Maya groaned.

"Girls should have their own handshake of awesomeness." Riley mused.

"What would it be?" Maya asked.

The two flipped their hair and crossed their legs "Stop it."

Val smacked her hand to her forehead and Annie patted her shoulder comfortingly.

"Val, you are being recognized as the Most Likely to Help her Fellow Students." Cory smiled "Congratulations."

The class clapped.

"And Farkle, you are being awarded the Joseph T.R. Epstein Confidence Award. Congratulations." Cory noticed that Farkle wasn't in class "Farkle?"

A recoding of Farkle's voice played from the device sitting on his desk "Farkle can't come to his desk right now. If you have a question for Farkle, say, 'One;' a comment, say, 'Two;' billing questions, 'Three.'"

Cory leaned over the desk "One. Where are you?"

"You have selected 'Three.'"

"No, I said, 'One.'" Cory shouted.

Farkle's voice came out again "Sorry, we are experiencing unusually high call volume. Your call will be answered in approximately..."

A deep man's voice replaced Farkle's "Thirty- five..."

Farkle's voice came back "Minutes." Guitar music started to play.

"Representative! What is this?" Cory asked.

"I think you're on hold, Dad." Val sighed.

"Farkle's never missed a class in his life." Cory said, upset.

The bell rang and Val got up, deciding to look for Farkle instead of her free period. She wandered the halls for a while before hearing Farkle's voice coming from the janitor's closet.