Riley Meets A Christmas Carol

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

I want to start fleshing out Riley's character more (don't worry there will still be plenty of time for Riley bashing, her redemption arc is going to take a very long time and she will have some setbacks). This is an original chapter focusing on some of the most important events in Val and Riley's lives. That said...

WARNINGS WILL BE AT THE START OF EACH SECTION!

If any of these might upset or trigger you please either skip that part (I'll try to mark them all but let me know if I miss one or should alter them) or skip this chapter completely. Your wellbeing is important.

Okay, I think that covers it. Let's get started!

Holidays were Riley's favorite time of year, the colorful lights and cheery music made the whole world seem lighter. But this year was different. Maya still wasn't speaking to her, the rest of her friends were mad at her, the whole school hated her, and Lucas was still with Val.

Riley trudged home after school, the usually fluffy snow seemed more like mush with her sour mood. School might've been out for break now, but Riley wasn't looking forward to it. There wasn't anyone for her to spend the free time with. All she'd have this season was homework.

"I'm home!" She called out, knocking the snow off her boots as she came in.

"Hi Riley, how was school?" Topanga asked "Shut the door you're letting the heat out."

Riley shrugged "It was fine, where's everyone else?"

"Your Dad's still at school and Val went to pick Auggie up. I think she said they were going to stop by the cafe for hot cocoa if you want to join them." Topanga wheedled.

The holidays would be the perfect time for her daughters to work out their issues so their lives could regain a sense of normality. Topanga was going to make them talk o each other if it was the last thing she did.

Riley's expression darkened "No, thanks. I have a lot of homework to get done."

She rushed upstairs.

"You have the whole holiday to do your homework!"

Slamming the door behind her, Riley collapsed in the bay window. Her mother didn't understand, Auggie wouldn't want her intruding on his time with his favorite sister. With all she'd said and done, Val wouldn't want to see her either.

The bay window felt cold and lonely without Maya there. Riley dragged a blanket from her bed, wrapping it around herself like a burrito. It wasn't the same, but it eased the knot in her chest some.

Outside she could hear the people passing, rushing to finish their shopping before the stores closed for the day. Carolers across the street started to sing and Riley opened her window more to let the music float in.

"Val?" That was Auggie's voice, just below the fire escape "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." Val teased "Go ahead, what is it?"

"Is Riley a Sck-ooge?"

"A what?"

Auggie huffed "We watched a movie in class today, about a guy named Sck-ooge. He didn't like Christmas and was always mean."

"Oh, Scrooge?" Riley could hear Val biting back her smile "You watched A Christmas Carol?"

"Yeah!" Auggie agreed "Is Riley the Scrooge in our family? Because she's always mean?"

"Auggie," Val reprimanded before Riley could open her window and shout "That's not nice."

"But it's true." The little boy pouted "She makes you sad, she says mean things. That's not the Christmas spirit!"