Not an Update

Hi guys.

So I'm not even supposed to be writing this right now. But here goes...

On Tuesday, 9/22/2020 I almost died.

I was going to get food and as I was crossing the street a car ran a red light. I almost didn't really see it coming, I was blinded by the headlights. But I was so damn lucky that I did. (Forgive me, I try not to curse but the emphasis is needed)

I saw it and I started to run, but my stupid shoe got caught on a rock or a crack or something and I tripped. I was able to turn it into kind of a dive, but I hit my head really hard on the road.

The car drove past me, missing me by maybe a foot, and the driver flipped me off as he went past. Since I was in the middle of the road I had to scramble up and get to the other side. I made it the rest of the way across safely and just turned around and went home. I didn't even think to get my food.

I called my mom just sobbing on the way home. My roommate came home and freaked out at the massive bruise I had on my forehead. The next day, one of my teachers saw the bruise and made me promise to go to the doctor ASAP. (So very grateful for that teacher ❤️)

On Thursday I got an appointment and went to my student health center. Turns out I have a extremely severe concussion 🤕 and the bruise is migrating it's way down my face so now it's at my eye. I look absolutely awful. I probably shouldn't have waited that long to get checked out tbh.

It's been a week and I've barely been able to look at my phone or computer for longer that two minutes. Which isn't good seeing as I've got a bunch of online classes. I'm suffering right now just typing this but I felt like I owed you guys an explanation as to why there isn't going to be any updates on anything for at least a few more days and maybe a lot longer.

I'm also having some minor issues with my memory. I have trouble remembering words or things that happened just recently. I don't know if this is from my injury or not but it wasn't happening before so...maybe? I also have a little PTSD and now I'm honestly a little scared to cross the street and I have to keep checking that no one is coming before I can walk. I'm also not allowed to watch any TV so I'm bored out of my mind.

What's important is that I'm alive.

I will keep writing as soon as I can actually look at a screen for longer than two minutes without my head pounding.

This was a really scary thing and I'm not telling you guys because I'm looking for sympathy or anything. I just want you all to understand why I'm not able to write much right now.

I'm sorry to those who thought this was an update. I also know this might be really jumbled and not make a lot of sense so I'm sorry about that too.

I gotta turn my phone off now, my head is splitting. But before I go, I want you all to know that I love you guys.

Love,
The Author

P.S.

I should say most of my teachers are incredibly understanding and great about letting me wear sunglasses in class since the lights are aggressively bright and giving me breaks and extensions, I have one teacher who is not.

My math teacher seems determined to make my life awful. She's really rude to me and only me in class, she won't answer my questions or emails, and she won't let me wear the sunglasses or take breaks when my head feels like it's falling off. I'm definitely reporting her to the Dean of Students.