Val Meets Popular

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

"Look what's happening; look what's coming." Riley was freaking out in the middle of the hallway.

"What's coming, crazy?" Maya asked calmly.

"Invitations... to the seventh grade parties. It's begun. We could be party girls. I'm going to need a party-girl walk." Riley did a crazy walk down the hall.

"Yeah, that's not it." Maya told her.

"You know, there is going to be boys at these parties. But not just any boys." Riley said slyly "No, opposite-sex boys. They're the best kind. Like that one!"

She pointed to Val who was talking to Eric as they walked down the stairs.

"Yeah, you sound ready for this." Maya chuckled.

"Oh, I am. And I may just be the first girl who crosses over from our side of the room to the..." Riley smiled.

"Yeah, it's gonna be me/you." The two said at the same time.

"You know what pretty-boy hipster is handing out invitations to...don't you?" Riley asked.

"A party." Maya said.

"Membership cards to the popular club."

"What?" Val asked walking up to the two as she waved goodbye to Eric "What are you talking about?"

"Why can't you just let it be a party?" Maya asked.

"Ah, parties." Val sighed "Will the problems never end?"

"Because this is it, right here. This where you go one way and I go the other way. You get the invite and you marry pretty-boy hipster and I end up marrying Anthony Delveccio and we buy things in bulk. You're gonna be popular. I'm not." Riley started petting Maya's hair " Good for you. Good girl. Bye-bye, Maya. Bye-bye."

Pretty boy hipster tried to hand her an invitation but Riley pushed it in front of Maya. Pretty boy hipster moved the invite back in front of Riley.

"Yay! For me. Maya, I know you didn't get one, but is it okay if I'm really happy?"

"You go get 'em, tiger." Riley did her party girl walk into the classroom " I love you, but you're a lot of work." Maya then mimicked the party girl walk Riley did and followed her into the classroom.

Val took a deep breath "Yeah, you both are."

***

Riley slammed the invitation down on her father's desk "Boom!"

"You got invited to something?" Cory picked up the envelope.

"So much for genetics, baby." Riley smiled smugly.

"Ooh, seventh grade party. Yup, I didn't get invited to a whole lot of these. Good for you. I'm proud of you. Boy-girl party?" Cory asked.

"Yep."

Riley and Cory slammed their hands on the desk and shouted "You can't go."

Maya stepped forward "May I approach?"

Again in unison, father and daughter spoke "Hurry, please."

"I'm gonna keep your young'un out of trouble, sir." Maya bounced up and down.

"Hart, you are trouble. Why would I want my young'un anywhere near the same party you're gonna be at?" Cory asked incredulously.

"You wouldn't. Say it. You know you wanna say it." Maya urged.

"You can't go if Maya's invited." Cory shouted.

Maya pointed to Riley who said "Maya's not invited."

"Then you may go." Maya smiled, pleased with herself.