Val Meets the New Teacher

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

It was time for English, one of Val's favorite subjects. Not only was she an avid reader but she loved poetry too.

The class was waiting in silence for Mr. Garaboski, their teacher.

Maya spoke up "Where's Garaboski?"

"Uh-oh." Lucas muttered.

"Did we do it?" Riley whispered.

"Did we finally break him?" Farkle asked.

"I hope so." Annie smiled "He hates kids, why'd he become a teacher anyway?"

"Ya broke him." Cory announced, coming into the room.

This announcement was met with wild cheers and whoops from the students.

"Quiet!" Cory shouted "Mr. Garaboski retired yesterday." More cheers "Quiet! The guy survives Vietnam and Mrs. Garaboski, and he can't get past you. Now he left a letter here that expressed his feelings. 'Dear you little--' Okay, I can't read this." Cory closed the letter.

"I can!" Annie offered.

"Annie!" Val scolded "I think I know what it says and you're not reading it."

"Aw, boo."

"He always talked about the good old days before 1985." Lucas laughed.

"What happened in 1985?" Riley asked.

"That was the year the New York Board of Education said you couldn't hit a kid with a ruler." Farkle answered.

"Never stopped him." Val muttered thinking of the times Garaboski had smacked her and her friend's hands with the wooden stick.

"'Bored' of education?" Maya asked "I do believe I am."

"Well, now you're gonna need a new English teacher." Cory told them.

"That's okay, thanks."

"Uh, I don't know, Maya." Lucas said, looking out the window "You may want to consider this one."

An Asian woman with her black hair in a bun on top of her head and wearing a leather jacket was walking towards the classroom.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Ms. Harper Burgess." Cory announced.

Ms. Burgess came in carrying a motorcycle helmet with flames on it and set it on the desk.

"You got a bike that goes with that outfit?" Lucas joked.

"1800 CC twin cam fat bob fuel tank wide glide." Ms. Burgess retorted "What do you ride?"

"Her rode a sheep." Riley said, trying to be helpful.

Maya giggled "62-pound quad hoof white fleece, kind you count before you fall asleep. Baa baa."

"Wanna race?" Ms. Burgess challenged.

"No."

"Ms. Burgess is here to teach you about great books and great ideas." Cory told the kids "Please give her the same respect that you give me."

"Oh, we can do better than that." Riley scoffed.

Cory gasped, hurt, then turned around and marched out of the classroom.

Ms. Burgess pulled out a stack of books and put them on Maya's desk "Frank Miller, The Dark Knight Returns." She said.

"This is Batman." Farkle said, excitedly.

"Holy Musical Batman!" Val sang softly.

"A future Batman." Ms. Burgess corrected.

"What's the difference?" Lucas asked.