Val Meets Master Plan

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

Riley sat in the bay window. Maya crawled through and was immediately bombarded by her best friend's questions.

"Happy 14, Maya! How's 14? Tell me what it's like to be 14, but don't leave anything out." Riley demanded.

"So far it is a lot of work." Maya sighed.

"Because you know I'll be there soon, and I want to know what I have to look forward to." Riley pointed out.

"Happy birthday, Maya." Val said, walking into the room with a brightly wrapped package "I hope you like it."

Maya took the gift and tore the paper away "Oh, my gosh! Val, I love it."

It was a new jean jacket splattered with different colored paint. It had gold buttons and green embroidery on the sleeves.

"I'm glad you like it. So...tell us about 14? What's it been like?"

"Well, if you're like me, you can look forward to your mother forgetting your birthday." Maya rolled her eyes.

"What? No!" Val gasped "She couldn't have."

"Oh, no she did not!" Riley tried to get up and crawl out the window but Maya grabbed the back of her shirt and pulled her back into her seat.

"Where you goin', honey?" She asked.

"Must talk to your mom." Riley repeated her actions, trying to get up and being pulled back into her seat.

"Must not get involved." Maya said sternly.

"Why do you tell me these things if you don't expect me to fix them?" Riley asked.

"When you're 14, you'll understand." Maya smiled.

"How could your mother forget your birthday, Maya?" Riley sighed.

"I've stopped trying to figure it out. She was already gone when I woke up this morning. She probably just took an early shift at the diner." Maya shrugged.

"Rather than be there for your birthday? Uh-uh." Riley tried once more to go out the window but this time both Maya and Val grabbed her.

Maya took the small gift out of Riley's hand and opened it "Riles, a friendship ring." She gasped.

"Yeah." Riley smiled.

"Two of them?"

"Yeah!"

"In case I lose one."

"No."

"Well, anybody else would have just gotten me one." Maya pointed out.

"No." Riley smiled widely.

"Oh, I get it."

"Yeah."

"One for each hand."

Val slapped her hand to her forehead making the blonde look at her.

"What?"

"You'll figure it out eventually." Val jokingly rolled her eyes "Happy birthday, Hart. Have a good one."

She got up and went downstairs.

Sitting on the couch in the living room was Uncle Shawn.

Val grinned, snuck up behind him and yelled in his ear "Boo!"

He jumped out of his skin and clutched his chest dramatically "Val, you scared me." Shawn reprimanded.

"Well, you should have told me you were coming to visit." Val pointed out "Then I could have scared you sooner and this would all be over with."